·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make a roll cage becides steeda

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Autopower makes a roll bar. Basically a hoop with crossbrace. They also sell a kit to weld their hoop into a full cage. Other than that, you're best off finding a chassis shop that can make one custom.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
www.swracecars.com do a search in the road/rally forum, you'll find plenty their.

Scott

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
OMP used to and I am getting mine from Wiechers Sport

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
www.swracecars.com do a search in the road/rally forum, you'll find plenty their.

Scott
Problem with this one is it was designed primarilly for drag racing, so the metal needs to be upgraded to DOM (which they can do), but also changes and additions need to be made to the bar design as well.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Autopower makes a roll bar. Basically a hoop with crossbrace. They also sell a kit to weld their hoop into a full cage. Other than that, you're best off finding a chassis shop that can make one custom.
I believe that AutoPower makes a full cage for the Focus for SCCA Showroom Stock racing.

I hope this helps.

Tony D
New Edge Performance

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
Yes, Autopower's cage/roll bar are SCCA certified.

They make a few different style of roll bars, and even ovver a full 6 point weld-in.

"Steeda's" cage is actually an AutoPower. They just put their name on it like everything else they sell.

Check out www.IOportracing.com for more info on the different models.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Take a look at: http://www.customcages.co.uk/

They have true race cages available at reasonable prices despite current poor exchange rates (weak dollar). If they will do surface freight, shipping from UK can usually be reasonable.

A friend purchase from them for a Subaru race car and was pleased. Cages for Focus come with notched or blunt ends (notched is well worth the money to me) and two materials (I'm guessing that translates to DOM and Chromoly).

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Heigo is another but I cannot find their website anymore.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Here's my autopower rollbar:
what size are they??
1.75" or 2.00"??
did you have to wait around 4 weeks to get this delievered??

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I bought mine used from a fellow jetter, so I couldn't tell you. I think it is their standard SVT bar, but built for one with a moonroof.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mucho bumpo....

..I just got my bar and it in position (not bolted yet) - few questions...

1) I tired to get my interior panels in with the bar (trimmed a smidge) but if I do that, I cant get the rear bars to go on...how'd you do it? Can I see pictures of how you trimmed?

2) Can I see some close ups of the interior panel trimming? I have mine out right now, but its sorta ugly...I'd like to put the panels on if nothing else...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Cool, I'd appreciate it...

..just wanna make sure its done right. Most important is attention to the rear "feet" that attach to the rear wheel well.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
F2 also makes a cage for the Focus. They do meet SCCA and NASA Specs. Give them a call.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts