Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of BFG KDW2's 215/45/17 on my 17x7 40mm wheels. These big tires combined with my 1.8'' springs make for some clearance issues. ESPECIALLY in the back. The tire rubs the lip on the fender on most bumps. I think I'm going to try to roll the lip somehow, just looking for some suggestions or pointers. Has anyone done this or had this isseu? Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I've never done it, but I think you can rent a fender roller from some larger parts stores. It can be done with something as simple as a baseball bat, but you need to be careful not to crack the paint.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
There's a few right-ups here if you search. The basic idea is to use a heat gun to warm the paint (so it is less likely to crack) then graddually & slowly roll the lip in a little bit at a time. A baseball bat would work fine if you're careful. THere is a pupose built tool that attaches to your lugs- this helps create an even & centered roll.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well a ball bat wont work as there is NO room between my tire and fender opening. I don't want to roll the fender itself, the tire only rubs on the inside lip.

Scott

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
You've got to take the wheel off either way, so a bat would work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Haha I love it, the ultimate DIY modding tool turns out to be a Louisville slugger. Maybe I'll try using it to remove my egr/dpfe [censored].

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I rent out a fender roller if you want, it works great and will get the job done. PM me if you're interested. Search "Rolled Fenders" to see a thread of me and friends doing ours.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems if I remember something about this. Headed to work now, will PM you tonight.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts