Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or had the roof rack from Bat? It seems to be the least expensive. I need one for a kayak and I don't to pay more for the rack than the boat.
If this doesn't belong in exterior mods, I'm sorry.

Thanks Jay

·
1,513 Posts
The one from BAT looks similar to the Kona rack. I've seen them mounted, and they scare me IMHO. Yakima and Thule are expensive, yes, but versatile. Changing vehicles usually is not that expensive and you can add a ton of accessories for different sports. Yakima's "Hully Rollers" are the best out there, or so I've heard. Saddle carriers should work well if the kayak is a smaller boat. You'll need the stretch kits from Yak or Thule, and to tie the kayak down fore and aft so it stays on the roof.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have one and love it. Best looking rack out there. Those yakama kits are ugly, have to use there fit kit and they cost big bucks
I have had mine loaded up with 2 full bikes and its fine, holds up to 165lbs according to the stamp on the rack. All my Thule parts fit like a glove, and match to boot.

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
I have one and love it. Best looking rack out there. Those yakama kits are ugly, have to use there fit kit and they cost big bucks
I have had mine loaded up with 2 full bikes and its fine, holds up to 165lbs according to the stamp on the rack. All my Thule parts fit like a glove, and match to boot.
NICE RACK! Where you get it from

BAT INC RACKS RAWK I got mine off teh ebay for about 50 bucs. At bat its like 160 something I think which isnt bad. The kona rack/bat rack works with all thule stuff and lokks X100000 better than yakima plus bolts in to factory spots on the car so you dont have to drill or glue or double stick anything.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: Roof Rack - a note about \'05 models & BAT Inc rack

hi y'all-

just a note about the '05+ ZX3/5 and the BAT Inc euro focus roof rack.

on previous years, the rack bolted to stock locations that were already prepared -- a tapped hole in the back, and holes with screws in them in the front (up underneath the weatherstripping for the door). this is how it is on my '01 ZX3.

i looked for these on an '05 ZX3 recently - the tapped holes in the back seemed to still be there (still filled in with putty & painted over, like on previous years) but the front holes were NOT drilled.

there were datum-points indented into the sheetmetal where they would ordinarily go, so drilling them out and installing the kit with your own screws should not be that difficult. just be advised that you will need to drill holes, and you should probably be pretty careful about it too, there's not a lot of clearance in that area.

that is all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts