Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone would post some pictures of their roof scoops. Also if you could tell me what brand and where you got it from. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
397 Posts
roof scoop is to send cool air into the car for the driver right?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I asked this question a while back. It's for rally drivers. They don't have A/C b/c of the weight issue.

·
Registered
510 Posts
wouldnd they slow u down cause the air isnt goin anyplace??? guess there cool on a show car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
roof scoop is to send cool air into the car for the driver right?
That's interesting. I thought it was to direct air to the rear spoiler to make the most effect out of it, keeping the ass end down. Guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
193 Posts
scoop on the roof...eh, kinda lame on a street vehicle (in my opinion). definitely rice.

·
Banned
379 Posts
it IS for a/c purposes, the rally cars are unequipped /w a/c and when they are racing in the desert in those fireproof suits it can get a little warm. yeah, street driven cars probably dont have functional ones

·
Registered
892 Posts
The only street application for a scoop I've seen was on a early 90's Civic Si Hatch... they made it a rear engine RWD and the air inlet was mounted on the side of the car behind the drivers window...

so basically... it's all show

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
scoop on the roof...eh, kinda lame on a street vehicle (in my opinion). definitely rice.
im so damn sick and tired of people whoring out the term rice. just because you dont like it or it's something you wouldn't do, you dont have to make fun of it. i can't stand altezzas but i dont go around calling it rice. i think roof scoops are a pretty cool addition to a car. yeah it may not be functional but if you are going for a certain look then why not? check out euro ford fan's wrc replica. is his car rice? some people may not go that far but they still want that look. so next time try to think about what you're saying.

·
Registered
193 Posts
im so damn sick and tired of people whoring out the term rice. just because you dont like it or it's something you wouldn't do, you dont have to make fun of it.
i wasn't being nasty about it...non-functional mods such as those are the exact definition of rice. doesn't someone have a sig with the following:

RICE =

race
inspired
cosmetic
enhancements

i.e. exhaust tips, fake scoops, giant wings/spoilers, fake intercoolers (never seen one, but heard they actually exist), crazy graphics/stickers of mods that haven't been done...what am i missing?

·
Registered
727 Posts
im so damn sick and tired of people whoring out the term rice. just because you dont like it or it's something you wouldn't do, you dont have to make fun of it.
i wasn't being nasty about it...non-functional mods such as those are the exact definition of rice. doesn't someone have a sig with the following:

RICE =

race
inspired
cosmetic
enhancements

i.e. exhaust tips, fake scoops, giant wings/spoilers, fake intercoolers (never seen one, but heard they actually exist), crazy graphics/stickers of mods that haven't been done...what am i missing?
Give me a freaking break, RICE, is and has always been directed towards Imports. I guess anyone w/ a bodykit, mild or wild is Rice, right? Please!!! That is the stupidest comment I have ever heard. RICE, in reality, by definition is whatever you want it to be. Tell me how many mods are useful? I'm sure your UDP & yanked resinator are extremely useful...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

RICE =

race
inspired
cosmetic
enhancements

since when did they start giving away team member titles away at 71 posts
....noob
yanking that resonator. Dang thats a good mod. Ill sure have to do that to my focus central CAI

·
Registered
193 Posts
again, i wasn't being nasty. but for a retort:
Give me a freaking break, RICE, is and has always been directed towards Imports.
how is the term rice limited to imports? is the definition as i've understood it incorrect? i suppose you have a different meaning for rice?
I guess anyone w/ a bodykit, mild or wild is Rice, right? Please!!! That is the stupidest comment I have ever heard.
um...i never made any such comment. never claimed that a body kit equals rice...but for some reason, you were thinking that.
RICE, in reality, by definition is whatever you want it to be. Tell me how many mods are useful? I'm sure your UDP & yanked resinator are extremely useful...
oh? what do you want the meaning of rice to be? and yes, my udp is useful. first no brainer mod for almost any vehicle. and it's the first of many bolt-ons. the yanked air resonator? well that's just free

1 - 20 of 37 Posts