Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rota \"Auto-X\" available in Focus bolt pattern, cool!

Hi all, first time Focus owner here and I'm shopping around for some new wheels for my 3-door hatch.

I noticed that Rota's new "Auto-X" is available from the factory in a 4x108 bolt pattern, offset 40mm.

Does anyone know if a 225/50/15 tire will rub using this offset? The car is not lowered.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Re: Rota \"Auto-X\" available in Focus bolt pattern, cool!

Not sure about the rub w/ a 225 and 40 offset, but I've got a Red X for a picture.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

Seems to be in only a 6.5" wide wheel...too bad.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

Whoa. Is that thing available in real carbon fiber, or is just a paint job to make the ricers drool?

·
Registered
303 Posts

225 is pretty wide of a 6.5" wheel; my old Grand Prix had 225/60's on a 6.5" wheels from the factory, but they ballooned like a mofo. I don't know if a 50 sidewall is tall enough to handle it. Plus with that kind of offset I think you may run into rubbing.
Does anyone here run 225's on a 6.5" wheel?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

Does anyone here run 225's on a 6.5" wheel?
I've run lots of 225s on a 6.0" wheel....

But anyway...

I'd much rather have a Rota GT3 or Rota Slipstream in a 15x7... 15x6.5 is just too skinny to spend lots of money on.

As for rub? a 6.5" 40mm offset would be like a 46mm 7.0" with respect to the fender... so I'd say there is no risk of rubbing.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

15x6.5 is just too skinny to spend lots of money on.
That was my point. I have 15x6.5" wheels using 205/50 Azenis 215s...works OK...and being that the wheels are EBAY Volvo/Borbet specials, I have very little invested in them. You could also look for Contour 8-spokes in the same size, butthe Volvo wheels have a nicer offset (45 vs 49 for the Foed wheels)...to spend alot on 15x6.5's seems a little silly if they are meant to be used for autocross/track days...and especially so if you want to use 225/50 tires.

If that is the case, try looking at some centerline 15x7's for around $100 each--forged (strong), pretty light and very shiney

·
Registered
351 Posts

Not sure about the rub w/ a 225 and 40 offset, but I've got a Red X for a picture.

He must have posted the new ROTA "RED-X's"

·
Registered
422 Posts

damn those wheels are SICK.. but i would rather have the same type of design in a three spoke instead of four. i know some people hate the 3/4 spoke design but i just love it!

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

And just for information sake, you can get most of the Rotas special drilled to our bolt pattern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts