Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through some of the old group buys, and one was for Slipstreams for the Focus?? Why would we want to buy Spoon knockoffs for our Ford?

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Because some people like the look of the wheels. Moving to wheels/tires/brakes

·
Registered
641 Posts
LOL...why ? 13.5 Lbs., pretty strong light weight wheels...bronze & yellow turned out to be a good combo

=dRe=

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a set of the black Rotas on my yellow ZX3. I got nothing but thumbs up at Carlisle when I was rolling through the Honda section going to the Autocross. I even heard one guy yell to his Honda buddies "check it out! Rotas on a Focus!"

They are light weight and the black hides the brake dust(but don't tell anyone that!).

Tony D
Stylin on Rotas!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because some people like the look of the wheels. Moving to wheels/tires/brakes
Ahh, sorry about that

I understand that they are a nice lightweight set of wheels (we have a set on our Civic), but it is just the whole Spoon (made for Honda) but putting it on a Ford thing that gets me. I'm sorry, but they just don't look right to me.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll never understand this thinking … I mean really. People put Chevy engine in Ford hot rods. People put "Altezza" lights on everything under the sun. Just because "Spoon" is a Honda tuner, whose to say that those wheels are only for Hondas?

I will never understand Alezzas

Yeah.. it was a serious question to. It would be like putting a Nismo banner on the Focus or something along those lines (to me).

·
Registered
263 Posts
no it's nothing like putting a nismo sticker on your focus...because we're not putting spoon stickers on ours...or spoon products at all...

But I get your meaning...kinda...sorta...heh

-AM

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I never knew that they looked like spoon rims so to me, they are wheels that look good and fit our bolt pattern after begging rota to make them for us.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"I never knew that they looked like spoon rims so to me" hah hah, your even a moderator too! Rota makes knock-off rims of other companies rims like the Spoon SW388's and a bunch of Mugen styles and some one was thinking of the circuit 8's oh man, you dopes. They look good on honda's and acura's cause thats what they were intended to be on. That just gives another thing for people in the scene too laugh at you cause you don't know anything your putting on your Focus's. Why don't you rock some cavalier rims or other USDM car manufacture's rims on your focus's too while your at it but they were smart enough not to use that stupid useless bolt pattern. Morons.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
^^ u are the focus god!!!

what has being a mod has to do with knowledge of which rims look like others? Absolutely nothing.

oh yeah - everyone make sure to PM nells and ask for permission if it is ok to put certain rims on your car. He knows 'the scene' and will tell you what to put on so you don't get laughed at.

Your definetly the biggest moron of them all

Edit - Nells, got some pix of your focus so we all know how a focus is supposed to look?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
"I never knew that they looked like spoon rims so to me" hah hah, your even a moderator too! Rota makes knock-off rims of other companies rims like the Spoon SW388's and a bunch of Mugen styles and some one was thinking of the circuit 8's oh man, you dopes. They look good on honda's and acura's cause thats what they were intended to be on. That just gives another thing for people in the scene too laugh at you cause you don't know anything your putting on your Focus's. Why don't you rock some cavalier rims or other USDM car manufacture's rims on your focus's too while your at it but they were smart enough not to use that stupid useless bolt pattern. Morons.
who put the stick up your ass? calm the [censored] down u stupid [censored]!! yes i AM moderator on a [censored] FORD FOCUS message board. i know information relating to the [censored] FOCUS. i dont give a rats ass about your gooddamn spoon [censored]. who the [censored] cares if they look the [censored] same. it's bound to [censored] happen. wheel manufactures copy every [censored] body. what the [censored] are you rolling on anyways? if it's not stock, i gaurantee you that i can find another [censored] company who makes the same [censored] wheel. [censored] man, i dont even have rotas so your bitching to the wrong [censored] person. grow the [censored] up and get your moms titty out of your [censored] mouth. from now on all you have to [censored] worry about is making sure that i [censored] remember to lube ya up when i bend you over you stupid bitch.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Nells why don't you just say the Focus is a copy of the Civic while you are at it. It's just a wheel style that is lightweight and strong. Who cares what they look like they are supposed to be?

Some people just don't get it I guess. Nowhere does it say Spoon and maybe Rota thought that the wheels would be popular and decided to give US a choice of wheels. If what you are saying was the case every car would only have one set of wheels because they wouldn't want them to look like another companies wheels!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Nells, would you please tell me what cars my rota attacks (volk racing gram light replica's) are supposed to be used on so I know to apologize to any of those car owners I see for copying the wheels that are made for their car only and disgracing their marques by putting them on my car.

Btw, you might want to read the license plate of this car with slipstreams..
http://www.trapspeed.com/users/rl/2003_0926-Import_Expo_4_Setup-Houston-Texas/IMG_5586.JPG

·
Registered
263 Posts
Giga, those aren't slipstreams, but they might be rota's...not sure. They look like Rays Engineering wheels...

Also, remind me never to piss jptech off...

Further...I want to see Nell's car...I don't believe someone should talk such trash without having something to back it up...and I want to see if he even starts with Ollie...who quite possibly has the sickest Focus on the jet (personal opinion!
)

A nice wheel is a nice wheel, it doesn't matter what car it's on.

-AM

·
Registered
6,553 Posts

hey alex my bad, he does have slipstreams on as you can see though. Didn't notice that in that pic he temporarily had rota grids on before put the slipstreams on. It was the only good pic of his front plate I've seen.

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
WoooooooooooHoooooooo...das mah car...and those are my SLIPSTREAMS on a FOCUS!!!

But Nells come on man...give it up...you know you want some for you focus!!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts