Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My car has been idling really, really bad. Very rough, and will at times stall out. I put new wires and plugs on, and tried unplugging the EGR tube like others have mentioned... well just now I disconnected the MAF cables and it immediately idled as it should. I went into the car, put it into drive, etc and it idled great... like new! When I plug the MAF connection back in, it is ok for about 10 seconds then goes back to sluggish idle, etc.

Is it a bad MAF sensor? Can I drive with it disconnected? What are the ramifications of doing that? I have a diablo sport chip btw (not sure if that is relevant).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Z

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
it runs better with the maf unpluged because the car is running off fuel rpm tables insted of what is actualy going on. i would first clean the MAFS with unchlorinated brake clean. if that does not fix your problem i would invest in a larger maf to go with your mods

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
If you want to come by my house on Saturday, I have a spare stock MAFS laying around. We can plug it in to help troubleshoot. I'd love to give it to you if it works, but I can't just give this sucker away. PM me for the addy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts