Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that has the Roush Turbo Kit, what kind of spool times are you getting? On an otherwise stock car (stock cams, stock head, stock cat) pushing 6 psi, when does the turbo start to spool, and when is it fully spooled? (approximately)

I have the kit sitting in my house. Its painful to have to look at it everyday knowing that I have to wait a little bit longer before I have time to install it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it starts at 3500, when does it hit 6psi?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm just trying to pass the time until I have enough time over a weekend to install the thing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The install is pretty straight forward so you shouldn't run into any problems. If you do shoot me a pm and I'll try and get back to you, but you should be fine!

·
Registered
129 Posts
how would you get it to spool up faster would you just need to tune it

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Wrap the turbo and downpipe, That will help with your spool up time. I know it helped with mine.... GT28RS in case your wondering

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I bought a complete turbo kit, it came with the turbo blanket, turbo heat wrap (6 inch wide heat tape) and a big roll of 1 inch wide heat tape, and metal tie wraps. It came from Thermo Tec it's around $100, it also greatly helps to reduce underhood temps

Here's the LINK to their page

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I would love to, but right know I'm back on 56K...... thats what you get for moving into the country

1 - 14 of 14 Posts