Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to get the roush turbo kit does it remove the speed limmiter or just move it

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I dont exactly know what tuning option they use. Most chips you can have the rev limiter/speed limiter removed all together

·
Registered
742 Posts
it doesn't do anything to the speed limiter or rev limit. I never called to ask roush why they were stupid and didn't change anything, but that's how it is... And there is no chip or flasher for tuning, you have to send in your ecu to roush and they reflash it for you. I thought it was kind of stupid, oh well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thats stupid

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
so is it possible to just get that program (Speed limiter) on an SCT after you get your ECU back from Roush

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
so is it possible to just get that program (Speed limiter) on an SCT after you get your ECU back from Roush
With a custom tune, yes. With Roushs' tune, no. If your going to go custom, don't bother sending your ECU to them.
And please don't drive it until it's tuned.

·
7,509 Posts
i was just asking if you were to send your ECU out to Roush, couldn't you just buy an SCT with only the speed limiter remove program. since the tune from Roush isnt in "chip" form...you could just put the SCT in with only that program? I dont have a Roush turbo kit (yet) but I have a little Roush turbo fund stashed away...so I was curious for the future.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
No... SCT overrides the existing programming on the ECU... so if all you put on the SCT is a speed limiter raise, then you have stock programming throughout... not good for tuning.

I'm assuming that they retain stock speed governor to be compliant with Ford's wishes.... wonder if Powerworks is the same way?

·
7,509 Posts
UGH, that sucks...I guess I will have to take it up to Randy and see what he can do with it then...Im pretty sure I wont have it for about 6 months anyway. Thats a good question about the Powerworks though...I wonder?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Actually, you can get just the governer removed. all you have to do is get a flasher with the roush file loaded on it as the program one file. When you flash the ecu back to "stock" you have the roush file with governer and other things changed as the stock file and it will overwrite the roush tune with the "custom" roush tune.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Actually, you can get just the governer removed. all you have to do is get a flasher with the roush file loaded on it as the program one file. When you flash the ecu back to "stock" you have the roush file with governer and other things changed as the stock file and it will overwrite the roush tune with the "custom" roush tune.

I'm not sure I'm following, but I don't believe you're correct there. What you're saying is flashing it will pull the roush parameters as "stock" (which I don't doubt) and you put the new program with out a speed limiter on, then put the stock flash back and you expect the speed limiter to be gone?

Pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Yes if I were you, I'd buy the kit, install it, have Roush flash it, drive it to FocusSport and have Randy redo the entire file... I'd be willing to bet you'd pick up a HP or three at least with a fully custom tune.

Expect it to run a couple hundred buxxx but it'll be worth it!

·
Registered
742 Posts
No I'm saying that you have a flasher with the custom roush file on it in the stock program. you have the original roush file as tune 1 on the xcal. When you try to flash to tune one, the ecu will skip the flash because it's the same file. Then you just flash the ecu back to the stock file on the xcal, which was loaded with the custom roush file in the first place. This only works if the person tuning the car has the roush file already and has loaded it onto an xcal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im just going to send my ecu to rouch then tune it off of that tune

1 - 20 of 23 Posts