Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to the dealer last week to have a tire replaced on my stock '05 ZX5, and I see an erection inducing '05 Focus with a Roush bodykit, identical to this one, but in gunmetal gray, and it's a ZX5,

so I traded mine in and left with a new Roush edition Focus with not a dime out of pocket.

·
Registered
924 Posts
too bad it wasnt a zx3 but sill nice

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
How on Earth did you trade in a stock, used (by you) ZX5 for a new Roush ZX5?
His mouth + male genitalia + love long time.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
~puke~

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I did buy my car there in October, and my girlfriend and I bought our Ranger there last year, so that helped. And after spending as much time there as I did going back and forth with them about it, and telling them to go to hell when they told me what they would give me for my trade, actually my exact words were "as much as I want that car right now, I'm walking out on this because obviously you guys do not want me to have it." I'm going home to think if I really want to do this or not, If you want my vusiness feel free to call me, but i'm not holding my breath to get this done." It was about the time I got to my car that the sales manager came out to me and said "We got approval to give you what you are asking for for your trade". That, plus Ford had some rebate thing going last weekend for the Fourth.

Funny sidenote, After I got all done with them, I was in the financing office with the same lady who did my financing last year. She had a serious look on her face and was constantly on the phone trying to reach one of the people up front for something. I asked what was up, she said "Oh just the fact that the interest rate on the approval that Ford Credit gave you is about 2 points lower than where it should be, because somebody punched in a wrong number or something when they did your income, but since they already signed off on it, they have to live by it, so you just saved yourself about $50 a month on your payments. And not only are you getting what you want for the trade, but the dealer is going ahead and writing a check to the bank to pay off the loan in full, knowing that they can't turn around and sell it again for that much. My boy, Fritts Ford just lost a couple thousand on your new car. I'd hate to be the next guy who buys a car from us, because he's gonna get nailed."

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
so whats different just the kit or is it a roush car?

·
Registered
231 Posts
haha omg good job man!!! And ya i've seen those focus' with the bodykits, I think they look great but I heard that if you get the one already equipped with nitrous that if you hook it up you void warranty...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
haha omg good job man!!! And ya i've seen those focus' with the bodykits, I think they look great but I heard that if you get the one already equipped with nitrous that if you hook it up you void warranty...
The Saleen focus is the one with the NO2. And yes if its hooked up/sprayed it will void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Post some pics of the car if you can. I want to see it. Too bad it's a 5dr (imo).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pull the Nitros kit and sell it. Reinvest the money in the car for something that won't void the warranty.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Pull the Nitros kit and sell it.
The Saleen focus is the one with the NO2. And yes if its hooked up/sprayed it will void the warranty.
Thanks for reading the thread!

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
And not only are you getting what you want for the trade, but the dealer is going ahead and writing a check to the bank to pay off the loan in full, knowing that they can't turn around and sell it again for that much.
No they LOVE used cars, essentially they can sell your 1 year old car for "slightly" less than new. Second, you paid for the depreciation of said used car for 1 year. Third, Ford AND Roush GIVE money back to the dealership for selling a speciality car. Nobody's loosing any money, I just think that dealerships think they are doing you a favor if they are not REAMING you for money.
-bix

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Actually I rather like the 5dr model instead of the 3dr model. Gives me a little more room.
Well, same room as a 3dr, just more doors

Congrats

- Drew

1 - 20 of 21 Posts