Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys I need some help like really fast. The other day when I was cleaning my engine, when finished I went for a ride, it seemed that was i pressed the clutch the RPM's would be aroound 3 or 4 or something they would stay there for a while, then idle down very slowly. I asked a few guys thinking it was the throttle body and cleaned the inside of it out, the problem stopped for a day or so when yesterday adn today its gotten worst than it was the first time. Some people say its the clutch, and one of my friends told me to be an expiriment ride down the street go 1st-2nd-4th and stomp the gas, when I did this I did not once feel the clutch slip at all. Now I dont know what it is, can some one help me out, I need it bad I have to have my car fixed.....

Brian
PS
The guys that told me to do the 1st,2nd, 4th thing is a genius when it comes to cars...

·
Registered
99 Posts
CHeck the routing of the throttle cable. You could have screw it up when cleaning the engine.

Also, make sure all the piping between the MAF and TB is on and tight.

Last is to make sure the return spring on the TB is in good order. I had a problem where the return spring had worn out and wouldn't *snap* the TB closed all the time. I have a replacement TB if you need one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but we still dont know, we put WD40 on the tb spring, and mad sure the Throttle Position Sensor was in good and it still had the same problem., any more suggestions???/

I need help bad.

Brian

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vacuum leak huh? Maybe I should take a look at this, its happened before but nothing to this extent you know, maybe ill do that right now, vacuum line where though???

·
Registered
43 Posts
check the back of the manny. i have a zx2 but ou cars are virtual the same engine wise.. You said you cleaned the TB. did you take the TB off? if so you might wanna check to see if all the screws are tightened down. does it stutter when you accelerate at all??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah I didnt take the Tb off, it doesnt do anything when im riding but when i attempt to slow down, I press the clutch first then i press the brake. When I press the clutch the RPM's sit where they are, and lately as in the last 4 to 5 hours the RPM's stay where they are and then RISE on up, until i make a complete stop, its like im touching the gas lightly or something, i dont know what this is I guess i'll take it to Forsd in the morning, this sux....

Brian

·
Registered
578 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? What was the cause?

Mine is doing the same thing -- racing to 3G between shifts and idling at 1750. Hate it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi

I have the same problems here in South Africa, Wash the Engine, and replace the TPS, It is a very bad design as far as we feel especially if you have the FC Thottle body not too bad on the Standard. It cost Us R575, thats about $70. I know you guys get them for about $20

1 - 11 of 11 Posts