Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is neeed in roder to fit rs body??
i know front bumper, fender, quarter panel and rear bumper is needed.
but with stock zx3 width, it won't looks right..
what do i need to do with this??
get wheel spacer?? or is there a kit to make it wider??

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
honestly this is probably one of the most talked about subjects in the focus world...try the search, specially since SVTRS (or something like that) already did a full conversion

and it is the wide-ess u can get without killing the focus bodylines...there is always the qheewwess (or something like that)...

and please...if u are looking to do this, i hope u are either a body man ureself, a body man owes u ALOT of money, or you are selling ur porsche to do this

-chris

·
Registered
981 Posts
honestly this is probably one of the most talked about subjects in the focus world...try the search, specially since SVTRS (or something like that) already did a full conversion

and it is the wide-ess u can get without killing the focus bodylines...there is always the qheewwess (or something like that)...

and please...if u are looking to do this, i hope u are either a body man ureself, a body man owes u ALOT of money, or you are selling ur porsche to do this

-chris
What he said. (Or that you're willing to search all over Europe for the parts at warehouse prices)

You'll need wheel spacers to fill the gap and push out the wheels.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Or you can move to europe and buy one, there are alot of them for sale.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Finding wheels to complete the look is definitely the easiest part. Just by reducing the offset of the wheel, you can push it out farther. Spacers can create the same effect.

The body work is definitely labor intensive. The cost for the labor will definitely be more than what your car is worth, and if you ever wanted to sell your car, you would never get that money back.

Parts availability might not be the most difficult. I have seen the rear quarters and fenders available from the Ford Racing parts catalog.

You can also get the same look by going with the widebody kit from F2. If you want to make the flare and quarters seamless, mold them in.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Finding wheels to complete the look is definitely the easiest part. Just by reducing the offset of the wheel, you can push it out farther. Spacers can create the same effect.

The body work is definitely labor intensive. The cost for the labor will definitely be more than what your car is worth, and if you ever wanted to sell your car, you would never get that money back.

Parts availability might not be the most difficult. I have seen the rear quarters and fenders available from the Ford Racing parts catalog.

You can also get the same look by going with the widebody kit from F2. If you want to make the flare and quarters seamless, mold them in.
I just thought I'd mention that just because I company (like FRPP) states they "have" the rear quarters doesn't mean they actually do. If you contact FRPP or North Coast Performance they will say they don't have the quarters in stock (and haven't for over a year and most likely cannot get them ever again), but if they did... they'd gladly sell them to you
So, be sure to actually talk to someone at the companies you are planning on buying the parts from to ensure they physically have your parts at hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts