Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear you guys are the premier place to get these now! Any truth to this? Are you guys making them?

dave.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You did hear correct. GP-Werks does have (or have access to) the original molds. It's a fairly expensive project. I think that there would have to be around 10 people that wanted to order a kit for it to be cost effective. It is something that we have recently talked about.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are we talking original style pieces or fiberglass add ons like F2 had?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I am interested in another full widebody kit.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Are we talking original style pieces or fiberglass add ons like F2 had?
They were never made from fiberglass, it was a complete urethane kit.

·
Banned
245 Posts
These body kits are made of Polyurethane...and we are placing an order to make more of them....and also looking at a larger distribution network is possible...

But yes we are the place that has the molds of the Old F2 kits...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Nice! Excited to see this develop!

·
Registered
550 Posts
how are these going to be sold (full kit only, fronts only, etc...)? wide body or regular width? group buy for initial run?

·
Banned
245 Posts
We are looking at selling them as individual pieces as well as whole kits...and both the widebody and regular width...
We are working on the pricing so I doubt there will be a group buy just yet....

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
550 Posts
i'd be game for a regular width front bumper, will you guys have the upper grille too?

·
Pitching Tents for the Corner Spot!
880 Posts
scribed

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Subscribed also.

What's the weight of polyurethane vs carbon fiber? If it will shave a few pounds off while looking good, I'm interested. If it's heavier than the factory pieces, I'll do without.

·
880 Posts
i believe they would be exactly like the F2's which is US spec.

I WISH someone here would make a Euro spec Std width RS bumper like that one in the UK....its so cool and no worries about RS fenders to make it work. the F2 kits are nice but a bit chunky with the US crash bar look.

·
Banned
245 Posts
As far we know you cannot make a bumper that will eliminate the crash bar for the US Spec cars, we looked into it and the liability is way to much...for that reason I would not expect something anytime soon...

·
Banned
245 Posts
So as promised here some of the prices after working out some details....

Standard Front and Rear Bumpers: $400 each (ZX3, ZX4 and ZX5)
Side Skirts: $150 each
Front Lip: $135 each

More prices tomorrow...getting late tonight...

Thanks
Tony

·
880 Posts
not bad guys! that is a great selling point. good to see this is gonna happen :)

1 - 20 of 350 Posts