Ford Focus Forum banner

321 - 340 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It's a shame if it is actually dead. Would've been a nice alternative for some people. Especially the front bumper.

As far as Eastwood is concerned I can't speak for his kit other than given the market and the declining interest in the mk1 if he wants to sell his kit he may either have to part it out or take more of a loss and liquidate it out. Sucks but I don't know many who will be willing to pay $3k f. or parts which some will need fixing then labor and time for repainting installing etc. Even if the parts are worth it. It's about supply and demand. You can have scarce supply which would normally demand high price but if there is no.demand then scarcity is no longer a consideration.

With that being said I did buy a perfect condition SVT steering wheel from him. Price was fair and he was courteous and shipped it very fast . Overall good experience with him..

·
Banned
245 Posts
Second, twice I paid in full for the fender flares, and twice, nothing but BS excuses and delays. I gave them a second chance and they blew that. They "supposedly" submitted the order to an outside company who makes them and said it would be a week or so... That was over a month ago, then this. According to Dave, @ gpwerks, they have an outside manufacturer who makes the parts, yet Tony is saying their machine broke?

Regardless, only reason I wanted the flares was for a foundation. I was going to combine these flares with some aftermarket semi- universal flares to make a custom actual widebody flare to bolt on. It would have been a little pricey, but simpler than starting from scratch. Either way, guess ill do it myself from scratch. Thanks GPWerks.
Well just to be clear on this... Tony is right that we had our own machine and it broke.... Because of material changes... Which we were not aware of... So in turn I went ahead per company agreement and took all the molds to another company but they were also having the same problem with the material but there machine is functioning fine... It is a much more expensive machine as well
We were able to make parts and complete them but air was getting in the machine and causing pockets in the parts... Which is really bad...
In anycase we made a huge attempt to get these done and we thought making this investment would pan out and we appreciate the orders that came in as we so badly wanted to honor them, Crap happens and our investment is at a standstill at the moment... We are completing two installs of widebody kits at our body shop and they are good just wish things kept going the same...
Good luck on making the flares out of fiberglass I hope it pans out for you,

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Well the RS urethane pieces will not be made... 2 main factors killed this project... The change in material damaged the molds and we are not willing to spend more money on this to fix them especially since we have no affordable way of making the urethane RS pieces... We priced around for quotes for production and way to expensive... We had no choice but to junk the molds at this point...

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
467 Posts
everyone in here forget GPW and bug Fifteen52 they told me and some already know they want to make fender flares
for the MK1 focus , more people bugging them might help push it along

·
Super Moderator
5,524 Posts
Fifteen52 flares sound like a good option as well. I'm not stuck on the RS look, just looking for something relatively off the shelf to put on the fenders after some cutting to give additional clearance for bigger R-Compound tires for autocross.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah, I don't like RS bumpers. I like my reiger kit, so my plan is to make flairs that match up with a regular bumper so you can use any bumper style you want.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nothing is beyond repair.

I offered you a way to recoup at least a small bit of the money invested as to not loose the only existing molds for any type of widebody setup for our cars, and you just Destroy them....not cool, just selfish. Although, its not surprising coming from you guys. I honestly don't see why you are still even sponsors here...why waste money on sponsor fees when you don't have anything for the focus community? I mean, you don't have a good rep here anymore either, so what is the point?

Another one bites the dust....RIP RS replica kits

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

I offered you a way to recoup at least a small bit of the money invested as to not loose the only existing molds for any type of widebody setup for our cars, and you just Destroy them....not cool, just selfish. Although, its not surprising coming from you guys. I honestly don't see why you are still even sponsors here...why waste money on sponsor fees when you don't have anything for the focus community? I mean, you don't have a good rep here anymore either, so what is the point?

no offense, but there's less than 5 people that ACTUALLY probably had cash in had to buy a full kit from these guys.....if you knew how much it costs to injection mold ABS or Poly you might be able to understand that it truly was an attempt at providing an expensive service to the community at nearly a loss.....and at this point I'm sure they lost an awful lot of money given the chain of events that occurred for them. I couldn't hold anything against them for giving up...all too often a company or person come out with some fantastic idea for a part or something, everyone goes wild, and then they start making it and only 5% of the people who initially said they'd be interested actually follow through.

additionally, they are NOT the only source for replica RS parts in the states....

·
Registered
819 Posts
no offense, but there's less than 5 people that ACTUALLY probably had cash in had to buy a full kit from these guys.....if you knew how much it costs to injection mold ABS or Poly you might be able to understand that it truly was an attempt at providing an expensive service to the community at nearly a loss.....and at this point I'm sure they lost an awful lot of money given the chain of events that occurred for them. I couldn't hold anything against them for giving up...all too often a company or person come out with some fantastic idea for a part or something, everyone goes wild, and then they start making it and only 5% of the people who initially said they'd be interested actually follow through.

additionally, they are NOT the only source for replica RS parts in the states....
I agree with this 100% People want flares and RS kits SOO BADLY, but no one wants to fork up the cash for it when it comes around. Then when they pull out everyone gets pissy. There are kits out there that can still be sourced. Someone is selling one on fanatics right now. Find it in the UK and get it shipped like others did.

·
Registered
209 Posts

Coming from a man with experience. His build was meticulous and very well done.

·
Banned
245 Posts

Actually somethings are beyond repair because the imperfections of fixing the molds would show up on the final product... How do we know is because we tried to fix one of them and it looks really nasty... Not something we could sell at the price desired to recoup money....
The comments posted by S2inProgress are right on the money....

So you might think we are being selfish that is an opinion.... But we tried and no luck...
We do very well selling items that we do have so we will continue to support the Focus Community with what we have and plan to bring out as well...

Thanks to all those that read here but don't post and send us emails of encouragement and order other items from us... We do appreciate it!!!

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
282 Posts

Well, being a person that paid for them in full TWICE over the last 2 (1/2?) years after they said production had already started, whether people are window shoppers or not is somewhat irrelevant to my post. At this point, they have given up on them, and decided to destroy them, taking a complete loss. I offered to purchase the molds from them (cheaply given their condition, but still, its money in their pocket they didn't have before) and if I can do anything with them, great, if not, they were gonna be trashed anyway in there hands, but instead of entertaining that, they just chose to destroy them basically saying "IF we cant make these work and profit from them, NO ONE can have them". THAT is the selfish outlook on them.

I agree, most focus owners are cheap ashes and cant put their money where their mouth is, but that is irrelevant this this situation. They supposedly "started production" twice, so they must have felt there was enough interest to profit. Lack of interest wasn't the issue here, Human error at some level was during production.

And yes, I know you have "real RS" panel molds, but like I said before, I don't like the RS looks. Im only interested in the fender flares for my own body design, which I was willing to basically purchase these flares, and modify them to work/use them to make my own mold...whatever would have worked out.

I agree with this 100% People want flares and RS kits SOO BADLY, but no one wants to fork up the cash for it when it comes around. Then when they pull out everyone gets pissy. There are kits out there that can still be sourced. Someone is selling one on fanatics right now. Find it in the UK and get it shipped like others did.
As I mentioned before, I forked up cash and paid twice, only to get excuses each time come getting the final product. Also, Im not interested in the RS kit at all. I think its stock and boring, personally. I was interested in the RS replica fender flares only. Plus, the person selling the "authentic"(as he calls them) RS parts in the classifieds is a douchebag and asking way too much for busted parts....plus he's a douchebag.

Actually somethings are beyond repair because the imperfections of fixing the molds would show up on the final product... How do we know is because we tried to fix one of them and it looks really nasty... Not something we could sell at the price desired to recoup money....
The comments posted by S2inProgress are right on the money....

So you might think we are being selfish that is an opinion.... But we tried and no luck...
We do very well selling items that we do have so we will continue to support the Focus Community with what we have and plan to bring out as well...

Thanks to all those that read here but don't post and send us emails of encouragement and order other items from us... We do appreciate it!!!

Thanks
Dave

Whether you think they are beyond repair or not, and your opinions and abilities to recoup money selling them is irrelevant to my post. As you said, you gave up on them, you failed, you did not succeed in making them, however you wanna phrase it, and instead, choose to take a complete and utter lose by destroying them instead of entertaining an offer to compensate you a slight bit by purchasing them....a very "If I cant make them and profit from them, no one can have them" attitude.

321 - 340 of 350 Posts