Ford Focus Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
And what good is any of this accomplishing? The time you have spent lashing, you could have spent being creative. Make something work. I know I didn't have anything to do with it until now. I read the thread because I too am interested in a good looking flare that works with the stock bumpers. I plan to start fabbing something up fairly soon. I wouldn't mind collaborating and hearing your ideas as well. Either way, I think this thread is over.

·
Registered
282 Posts
And what good is any of this accomplishing? The time you have spent lashing, you could have spent being creative. Make something work. I know I didn't have anything to do with it until now. I read the thread because I too am interested in a good looking flare that works with the stock bumpers. I plan to start fabbing something up fairly soon. I wouldn't mind collaborating and hearing your ideas as well. Either way, I think this thread is over.
Its called multitasking. Also, building our post count,. Since you ARE new to the discussion, ill update you, I already have fender flares, which I went and took care of on my own after these guys wasted tons of my time. They will be revealed when I finish my build later this summer.
The rest of the discussion is about how they were selfish in destroying them instead of giving someone else a chance to do something with them when presented with the offer of purchasing them. Feel caught up now?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I read it all so I know what has happened. And from what I understand the molds were destroyed before your offer to buy them. Maybe they had not thought anyone would want them in their condition.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Actually we had tried to sell these molds a long time ago before we invested in them to make them ready for production that was about 3 years ago I think.... So we never would think of selling them again because there was no interest than.... Fast forward today the post was after the fact! And I dont think we would have sold them anyway because shipping alone would be an arm and a leg because of the weight of the molds.... Although probably a bad decision to destroy them outright but after not being able to repair them made the owner very angry...
SO no matter what anyone feels about this we wanted this done more than anyone else .... But it is what it is... Onward and forward....

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
My parts Dave???

Actually we had tried to sell these molds a long time ago before we invested in them to make them ready for production that was about 3 years ago I think.... So we never would think of selling them again because there was no interest than.... Fast forward today the post was after the fact! And I dont think we would have sold them anyway because shipping alone would be an arm and a leg because of the weight of the molds.... Although probably a bad decision to destroy them outright but after not being able to repair them made the owner very angry...
SO no matter what anyone feels about this we wanted this done more than anyone else .... But it is what it is... Onward and forward....

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
215 Posts
As I mentioned before, I forked up cash and paid twice, only to get excuses each time come getting the final product. Also, Im not interested in the RS kit at all. I think its stock and boring, personally. I was interested in the RS replica fender flares only. Plus, the person selling the "authentic"(as he calls them) RS parts in the classifieds is a douchebag and asking way too much for busted parts....plus he's a douchebag.
I cannot agree more, I was only interested in the RS flares too and didn't want to get shafted on the junk parts being sold in the B/S/T, when there was already cheaper (albeit harder to acquire) alternatives.

I really hoped the GP kit would get finished bringing an affordable option to us US buyers but they had to go and destroy the molds... From a competitive buisness standpoint I can see why they did it, instead of selling them off, bringing new competition in(and giving the Focus community a second chance for someone to get them right), and recouping some of their losses... they destroyed them so that they didn't open the door for someone to make more money/and or steal the sales they could have made had everything worked out.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel like this was a really bad decision and a childish one at that. but life goes on and we will find something else to fill this gap.

On a side note; The RS parts are relatively easy to find overseas all day long. In Germany theres a company (the name escapes me) who makes accurate fiberglass replica RS fender flares.
They also reproduce the stamped metal RS rear quarter panels & front fenders from the original ford tooling for collision repair. Other than that there's always the make your own flares route and even going with universal fender flares which are widely avaliable on the aftermarket.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Although probably a bad decision to destroy them outright but after not being able to repair them made the owner very angry...

Thanks
Dave
Oops, didn't see this. I take back my previous statement. lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
When running a business, there comes a time when it is best for the company and its sanity to just cut losses. Sure, they could spend time and resources (read: more money) trying to sell a mold that noboby has any realistic use for or interest in; but the adage "time is money" comes to mind. After several years of loyal support to our community and a clear, concerted effort to get this project off the ground; I believe it is time to let GP off the hook. They tried, the project failed, and it is time for all of us to move on.

If you want this stuff badly enough to publicly lambaste a well-established and trusted pillar in our community; you want it bad enough to get off your hind quarters and make it yourself. We are in the small Ford world and we live in America: You should know by now that imagination is a prerequisite for success. If you want to be a catalog jocky, go buy a 240SX.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well for one, Eastwood is an a-hole and those parts are all jacked up. All his stuff is shady and I wouldn't trust anything he sells.

Second, twice I paid in full for the fender flares, and twice, nothing but BS excuses and delays. I gave them a second chance and they blew that. They "supposedly" submitted the order to an outside company who makes them and said it would be a week or so... That was over a month ago, then this. According to Dave, @ gpwerks, they have an outside manufacturer who makes the parts, yet Tony is saying their machine broke?

Regardless, only reason I wanted the flares was for a foundation. I was going to combine these flares with some aftermarket semi- universal flares to make a custom actual widebody flare to bolt on. It would have been a little pricey, but simpler than starting from scratch. Either way, guess ill do it myself from scratch. Thanks GPWerks.

Seriously ..? dude I feel bad for your little hurting brain

I am here to see all your excuses and bitching :popcorn:

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's a shame if it is actually dead. Would've been a nice alternative for some people. Especially the front bumper.

As far as Eastwood is concerned I can't speak for his kit other than given the market and the declining interest in the mk1 if he wants to sell his kit he may either have to part it out or take more of a loss and liquidate it out. Sucks but I don't know many who will be willing to pay $3k f. or parts which some will need fixing then labor and time for repainting installing etc. Even if the parts are worth it. It's about supply and demand. You can have scarce supply which would normally demand high price but if there is no.demand then scarcity is no longer a consideration.

With that being said I did buy a perfect condition SVT steering wheel from him. Price was fair and he was courteous and shipped it very fast . Overall good experience with him..
First of all the "kit" I have for sale is 2200 delivered where did you guys got 3k from?
yes I have fibergalss exact copy fenders and arches so are you guys are trying to find real rs fenders ? good luck :)

341 - 350 of 350 Posts