Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at Jackson Racing's site and compared the dyno's of the NONE supercharged SVT and the Type S and here are the figures so you don't have to go check:
Type S 160whp, 120wtq
SVT 147whp, 130wtq

Is this really enough for it to out run our car's by a second? I know we don't have straight line performance but from the looks of it our car would kill the Type S off the starting line, and by the time it would reach it's top rpm's we would be too far ahead, I have never raced one so I don't know, just a curiousity thread I am starting. This is all outside the fact that we out handle them, so just was curious as to how that car can be that much quicker than us. Looked up the curb weights and both cars seem to be idenical in the 2700-2800 pound range. Just want to hear some thoughts.

·
Registered
688 Posts
After having driven both cars I would have to say gearing. Our 1st and 2nd gears are too tall. But I will say that there is definatly less than a second between the cars; it's all in the driver

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Plus you have to look at the RSX Type-S has 200 hp and 200 lb-ft of torque where the SVTF has 170 hp. and 145 lb-ft of torque.
Magazines that have done the 0-60 mph comparisons mention that the RSX Type-S runs around 6.7 seconds and the SVTF runs 7.2-7.8 seconds figures vary depending on the magazine road testing them.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sorry virtual, but the rsx has 142 lb/ft @ 6000rpm. The rsx also has an 8000 rpm redline vs. 7200 for the svt.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
What does a higher redline matter? Peak power is at peak power...correct?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My GF just bought the Type S last week... These cars arent even in the same class! The RSX-S takes the SVT hands down. I went back to the dealership (Hoehn Acura) and checked into trading my SVT in on one. First, they are out of S's, and secondly, they offered me $7500 on trade on my SVT.
Needless to say, unlike Ford who is now selling the Euro SVT here in San Diego, CA for $17,500... Acura has no need to make deals on the S.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Acura has no need to make deals on the S.
BS - the auto sales market is hurting all over. This si why you got low balled on your trade value.

They won't deal with you probably because they sold your woman her car for full pop. Giving you a discount might piss her off.

Those cars are all over the place down here, not rare or hard to find at all. And the SVTF will still out handle it. When it comes to the SVTF, stop thinking about 1/4 mile. This is NOT what this car is built for! You want a drag car? spend a grand or so more than the RSX-S and get a GT Mustang, you'll smoke it by more than a second if you know how to handle it.

Of course, these are just my opinions.....

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Acura has no need to make deals on the S.
BS - the auto sales market is hurting all over. This si why you got low balled on your trade value.

They won't deal with you probably because they sold your woman her car for full pop. Giving you a discount might piss her off.

Those cars are all over the place down here, not rare or hard to find at all. And the SVTF will still out handle it. When it comes to the SVTF, stop thinking about 1/4 mile. This is NOT what this car is built for! You want a drag car? spend a grand or so more than the RSX-S and get a GT Mustang, you'll smoke it by more than a second if you know how to handle it.

Of course, these are just my opinions.....
There are more cars registered then there are people in the US right now. The automotive market is the 4th most profitable market in the US. Now, if you were to say the market overall is not doing good that would be a better statement I think. Otherwise, the Automotive market is not hurting at all when compared to other markets in the US right now.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Osiris, first of all I am not a strip driver. Ive been a member of the PCA (Porsche Club of America) POC (Porsche Owners Club) and the SCCA for MANY years.
I own an SVTF, and I have been driving my gf's RSX for a few days, and although I appreciate your opinions, I have to respectfully disagree. The SVT will not "outhandle" the RSX by enough to make up for the fact it will get stomped in the straights. The gearing in the RSX is where the gearing SHOULD BE in the SVTF.
As for them (RSX-S) being "all over", well maybe they are in Texas, but not here in SoCal. There is not a dealer in SoCal that has one (as of two days ago). And Acura IS NOT willing to deal. The best deal we were able to get on the first one was an extended warranty, teflon in/out, a hatch liner, they didnt charge for the upgraded wheels, and she we were happy to get all that.
They were even less happy when we told them she was paying cash...

A Mustang????

·
Registered
153 Posts
My GF just bought the Type S last week... These cars arent even in the same class! The RSX-S takes the SVT hands down. I went back to the dealership (Hoehn Acura) and checked into trading my SVT in on one. First, they are out of S's, and secondly, they offered me $7500 on trade on my SVT.
Needless to say, unlike Ford who is now selling the Euro SVT here in San Diego, CA for $17,500... Acura has no need to make deals on the S.

My friend owns a RSX-S, He has put 18 rims,tires,short ram and used royal purple oil. I have put in the steeda short shifter,AEM short ram and royal purple. WE drive each others cars a lot he even admits mine handles much better even with his 18's and there is only the slightest difference in power. You now why youGF has one because its a girls car! they love this car. My friend even says that the 12 million he see's on the road most are driven by girls. I have not seen another SVT around where I live and i hope it stays that way. I said i would never but another american car but I love my car. I like it and enjoy driving at much as the Audi S4 I had.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What kind of [censored] SVT Focus do you guys have because mine would smoke all of you guys then if you say a RSX type-S is much faster then hey and go trade your ****ing car i know SVT Doesnt like people like you and just bring on the RSX type-S and i'll kick it ass and that's a pramess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, um ok...
SVT doesnt like people like us? WHO are "us", people who have already bought the car only to find out that 1 year after purchase, the car is worth 35% of what we paid for them?
Well, OK then... If thats the case, I guess I dont much like SVT (or Ford) for that matter either!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, um ok...
SVT doesnt like people like us? WHO are "us", people who have already bought the car only to find out that 1 year after purchase, the car is worth 35% of what we paid for them?
Well, OK then... If thats the case, I guess I dont much like SVT (or Ford) for that matter either!
What he's trying to say is people on this site love their car.If you don't thats you prerogative. You want to slam the car do it somewhere else. Go to a Honda or RSX site look at the problems they are having. My best friend owns one its a nice car but better than mine, no way especially sice he paid almost $5000 more. Try trading any car in with in the first year or so. I had to trade my Audi S4 or sell it ( Company I was working for went bankrupt,they were paying for it ) I paid $35,000 you know what dealers including Audi dealers offered me? A lot less than you would think.If you think a lousy Honda is better that an Audi I feel sorry for you. Any way why don't you go on a Honda site and stop aggravate SVT owners !

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Well, um ok...
What he's trying to say is people on this site love their car.If you don't thats you prerogative. You want to slam the car do it somewhere else. Go to a Honda or RSX site look at the problems they are having. My best friend owns one its a nice car but better than mine, no way especially sice he paid almost $5000 more. Try trading any car in with in the first year or so. I had to trade my Audi S4 or sell it ( Company I was working for went bankrupt,they were paying for it ) I paid $35,000 you know what dealers including Audi dealers offered me? A lot less than you would think.If you think a lousy Honda is better that an Audi I feel sorry for you. Any way why don't you go on a Honda site and stop aggravate SVT owners !
... Not to mention, if you took that $5000 to JR or Vortech, the SVT would smoke a helluva lot more cars in ANY category.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome to the reality of trade in values. Don't let anyone mislead you my San Diego Brother. The more you spend, the more you lose! Unless of course your in the Pure Exotic Car Market.

It's never been a better time to purchase a new car.

It's never been a worse time to trade one in.

P.S. Driving ability overcomes deficeincies (sp). I love driving a "perceived" underdog. Adds to the fun. I continuously embarrass higher powered vehicles ( even pre-blown ). And they simply are unable to out handle me! I'm looking forward to owning the esses at Streets of Willow!!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Osiris, first of all I am not a strip driver. Ive been a member of the PCA (Porsche Club of America) POC (Porsche Owners Club) and the SCCA for MANY years.
I own an SVTF, and I have been driving my gf's RSX for a few days, and although I appreciate your opinions, I have to respectfully disagree. The SVT will not "outhandle" the RSX by enough to make up for the fact it will get stomped in the straights. The gearing in the RSX is where the gearing SHOULD BE in the SVTF.
As for them (RSX-S) being "all over", well maybe they are in Texas, but not here in SoCal. There is not a dealer in SoCal that has one (as of two days ago). And Acura IS NOT willing to deal. The best deal we were able to get on the first one was an extended warranty, teflon in/out, a hatch liner, they didnt charge for the upgraded wheels, and she we were happy to get all that.
They were even less happy when we told them she was paying cash...

A Mustang????

Straights? Not alot of straights in SOLO II. And for the type of racing you're taling about there are better, cheaper choices out there.

If you REALLY like the Type S look towards here or Denver. I saw pretty good deals on the Type S last weekend when I was there. At most you'll pay 500 bucks for shipping, which to me sounds like you'll still get a better deal.

Yes, the market IS hurting. Why do you think there are incentives on just about any car out there?

Yes, a Mustang. Problem with that?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I know this post isn't about the market, but I still have to disagree with the market hurting. They have all those incentives because they are just trying to get cars moved out of the way for 04s. There are still some 01s out there that are brand new. Granted those are sort of rare. But, there are a lot of 02s and 03s taking up space on the lots. They just want them out of the way for the 04s. They make their money one way or another. It used to be get 0% or 2500 back. Now its "hey ill give you both if you get this car off my lot". It is crazy how much they build cars for, and then turn around and sell them for. Believe me it is no skin off their hide right now, they just want room so they can rip people off even more with the 04s, because they are still making a pretty penny with all these "incentives".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you Dogma he know's what im talking about alot of you guys bitch about your car's to much. Go some where else if you want to do that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
That is unacceptable. I'm extremely disappointed in the power of the SVT. However, I recognize that most of you who own these cars must be sick of the bashing. But to say this forum is soley for blowing sunshine up each others asses is simply ridiculous.

This is a forum. We are the voice of the performance focus community. The jet is bigger than any one person. Don't start piping that other opinions are not welcome. If that is the case than we will never get what we all really want from ford.

250hp and torque of tire roasting, twisty consuming, sti-s4-evoviii-r32-srt-4 pasting ford domination.

mmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuhahahahahhahahahahahahah....

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is unacceptable. I'm extremely disappointed in the power of the SVT. However, I recognize that most of you who own these cars must be sick of the bashing. But to say this forum is soley for blowing sunshine up each others asses is simply ridiculous.

This is a forum. We are the voice of the performance focus community. The jet is bigger than any one person. Don't start piping that other opinions are not welcome. If that is the case than we will never get what we all really want from ford.

250hp and torque of tire roasting, twisty consuming, sti-s4-evoviii-r32-srt-4 pasting ford domination.

mmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuhahahahahhahahahahahahah....
As it has been said numerous times, you bought a well built 170hp car for a great price. You did not pay $25-$35000 for some hopped up rice burner or the best car of all time the SVT Cobra !! Also ,speaking for myself I love my car and am tired of you little Bitch's cying it has no power! For the $5-$10,000 you saved put it into your car!!
Unless you are going to race track where are going to race someone without endangering yourself or someone else?
My friends own an RSXs and a WRX both are great cars, you see atleast 10 million of both on the road,I have not seen one FSVT since I bought mine in January!! My friends have see one each and not in our state,Thats what I love most about my car!! Does the WRX or RSXs look better than my car-no,does it hadle better than my car-no ,does it cost more than my car -yes ,is it faster going straight -yes( the RSXs barely )I am so sick of the Honda idiots thinking they have the best! THEY DON"T. Why do you think Honda boys tune their cars they are not completely happy either.
Do I want to here you [censored] complaing all the time NO.
I believe this forum is for people who truly like their car and want to her what others are doing or experiancing either good or bad. When I first came on this site happy as hell to have a SVT some idiots made me feel as though I bought a bad car. I didn't!! Yes this is America you can say what you want, but if you were truly a decent person you would not want to take the fun out of this car for others!! You Idiot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts