Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired an MBRP exhaust system with out the rubber hanger that's listed in the instructions. Does anyone have a picture of the hanger? I looked at the local pepboys and there was about a dozen different kind of hangers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I installed my MBRP, I didn't even use the rubber hanger. I couldn't figure out where it went. I haven't had any problems without it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
First Off, Good Choice

The only rubber hanger that I am aware of is the one featured in this photo.

I used it to mount the tip and rear portion of the pipe to the rear most bracket.

All the rest used stock hanger position and mounts.

Make sure you have enough clearance in the back as the exhaust comes over the rear suspension components, as it tends to bounce against this portion of the car

If you don't get it just right it will vibration here and will resonate throughout the car driving you insane within a week!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The MBRP is snarly! Love it. Not too intrusive. It is a bit loud right now due to the cats disintegration, but I am about to fix that with a Focus Central High Flow Cat. I would expect that it would be quieter than it is right now which is like NASCAR loud!

Prior to the failure of the cat the tone was diffrent but diffrent in a good way. Have been very happy with the MBRP system.

Current Modifications:
Volant Intake
Focus Sport Street Header
Focus Central High Flow Cat
Focus Sport Flex Pipe
Focus Sport Plug Wires
MPRP Exhaust
Focus Central Under Drive Pulleys

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine came with 2 center pipes to choose from. One just has a bigger resonator for a quiter sound. I'm going to use that one when I install it.

Originally posted by focuz420:
bLUE - how does the cat-back sound i was told one of the louder ones?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blue,
According to the instructions, the hanger is attached to the second pipe(with the muffler), then to the existing hold down bracket mounted to the frame.

Thanks

Originally posted by bluebyutoo:
The only rubber hanger that I am aware of is the one featured in this photo.

I used it to mount the tip and rear portion of the pipe to the rear most bracket.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

1 - 7 of 7 Posts