Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the below is a cut and paste from a site (if you want the link I will send it to you). I am not sayin this is how they always do biz. but this is this guys issue. Just letting everyone know about this case. IT MAY BE ISOLATED so don't flame me with [censored] please.

here:
-----------------------------------------------------------Listen to what these *swearing* did! Do not do business with these *swearing*!!:

I ordered a couple wastegates through them through a distributor. When ordering we were quoted $260 each. We all agreed and the parts were shipped.

When they arrived, someone at PTE manually scribbled out the agreed-on price and bumped them up $120 EACH. We called and confirmed the original quote, which is even backed up on the invoice. They simply changed their mind after the deal was done, raised the price, and didn't notify me. Then they just shipped them anywway. It wasn't until they arrived that the discrepancy was noticed.

They refused to honor the price as quoted and even made me pay shipping, again, to have them returned.

This is full-on deceptive trading and these *swearing* should be shut down. Avoid these *swearing* as much as you can.
------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
993 Posts
Re: Ruffling your feathers about Precision Turbo..

the below is a cut and paste from a site (if you want the link I will send it to you). I am not sayin this is how they always do biz. but this is this guys issue. Just letting everyone know about this case. IT MAY BE ISOLATED so don't flame me with [censored] please.

here:
-----------------------------------------------------------Listen to what these *swearing* did! Do not do business with these *swearing*!!:

I ordered a couple wastegates through them through a distributor. When ordering we were quoted $260 each. We all agreed and the parts were shipped.

When they arrived, someone at PTE manually scribbled out the agreed-on price and bumped them up $120 EACH. We called and confirmed the original quote, which is even backed up on the invoice. They simply changed their mind after the deal was done, raised the price, and didn't notify me. Then they just shipped them anywway. It wasn't until they arrived that the discrepancy was noticed.

They refused to honor the price as quoted and even made me pay shipping, again, to have them returned.

This is full-on deceptive trading and these *swearing* should be shut down. Avoid these *swearing* as much as you can.
------------------------------------------------------------
they went from $260 each up to $120 each...

I personally wouldn't complain

"ok, ok!... I'll give you half of the profits from the movie"
"yeah, that's better!"
"ok, I'll give you 2/3rds of the profits!"
"no way, motherf**er, you said half, you can't change it now!"
"ok, it's a deal..."

·
Registered
20 Posts

You know, guys, stuff like this . . . oh, heck - what's the point?

First of all, they said, "I ordered a couple wastegates through them through a distributor." Forgive me here, but didn't you just say that you didn't buy this from us? Shouldn't you be slamming the distributor or am I missing something here?

I dunno. My ex-girlfriend used to work at McDonald's. maybe I should put up a post and say that McDonald's sucks.

Second, they said, "When ordering we were quoted $260 each."
We don't even offer any wastegates for $260.00.

Nothing like a little misinformation.

Third, they say, "When they arrived, someone at PTE manually scribbled out the agreed-on price and bumped them up $120 EACH. We called and confirmed the original quote, which is even backed up on the invoice." Uhhhh, errr, I thot you just said that someone just scribbled out the "agreed on price". How can that be backed up on the invoice if it was scribbled out?

I've checked with all of my sales reps and the billing clerk and no one knows anything about this. I did hear that 3 weeks ago, we overcharged someone for a HKS wastegate because of an incorrect price in our computer. We offered to give them credit and they decided to return it on their own.

It's really hard to understand why someone would even cut & paste something like this from another board in the first place. What agenda are they trying to serve?

Don't make this another bulletin board where people can get away with posts like it's writing on the bathroom wall. It's childish. It's self-serving. It will isolate you.

If someone has a problem, call me. I'm here every day. No *swearing* needed.

Rod Short
Sales Manager
Precision Turbo
(219) 996-7832
8:00 to 5:00 CST M-F

·
Registered
964 Posts
Why didn't they just dispute the charge and have their credit card company take care of the over charge? It's a shame Precision Turbo seems to be sort of funky because their shop is less than a half hour from my parent's house in Northwest Indiana.

·
Registered
288 Posts

oh [censored]...haha...i could see the confusion. Any way yea the price went UP 120.0 so a total 370.00 a piece.
120 + 260 = 380

I thought i was bad at math... everyone knows that 120+260=489.95

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

Everything I have seen from Precision is Awesome, they have great customer service and willing to answer all your emails with great replys answering you questions thouroughly. None of that yes you can get it if you buy it crap an nothing else said. I would love to do business with them someday but I know I cant afford it.

The kit is beautiful from what I have seen, I just saw Kens kit (zetecS2) at our last hooters GTG and the thing is beautiful. I can try to post some better pictures but he posted some great ones when he showed the kit himself. And the rumors of the headers cracking...THERE IS NO FREAKIN WAY, the flange is bolted TO THE BLOCK! Nothing is bouncing or vibrating or causing anything to move to caus cracks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts