Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it rumors or truth that the intake is switching now with the new upgaded ecu at 5000 or 5500 rpm's. Anyone know or been to the dyno since they have had the upgrade. I've had it done to my car and it does seem to have the tach fly across faster from 5000 and up like it always has from 6000 and up. Anyone know?

SVTOA THREAD

·
Registered
887 Posts
after two and a half weeks with the new ECU upgrade I believe the DSI is switching at a lower rpm than before and 5,000 seems to be about it.

It is not as noticeable when it switches as it was with the other ECU updates but my car DEFINITELY runs better and stronger than it ever has. I have a very hard time keeping my foot out of it now.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The dealer I just returned from claimed they updated the ECU, but I have yet to run it up to 5k yet... I'll post again later with my findings too.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The dealer I just returned from claimed they updated the ECU, but I have yet to run it up to 5k yet... I'll post again later with my findings too.
Dude. You need to start flogging that thing. I get up into the 6k range at least once everything I drive.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah mine pulls like a son of a bitch right form 5k on and easy way to tell if they did the update is that they are required to put a sticker under the hood saying it was doen and listing the codes and such. if its not there they didnt do it

·
Registered
160 Posts
check it out by having someone watch your tach and rev the car slowly and watch the thing to see where it changes at...just an idea

·
Registered
308 Posts
i just got my car updated and it feels the same way. It breathes way better throughout the powerband but at 5k it definetly "feels" like the dsi switches just like it used to at 6k....?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
yeah mine pulls like a son of a bitch right form 5k on and easy way to tell if they did the update is that they are required to put a sticker under the hood saying it was doen and listing the codes and such. if its not there they didnt do it
Not always true. It happened to me where they didnt put a sticker any where. I was concerned they didnt do it. I went back and talked to tech. He said he had in fact downloaded the update, then uploaded it to my car. He simply did not put the sticker under the hood because, according to him, that they usually just fall off, and he was out of them. I believe he was lazy and didnt put the sticker on, or maybe he was really out of them. But any way it is not always true what was said above. If you dont have a sticker and are concerned about the reflash being done or not, just go back and get your mind put at ease by talking with the service writer or tech to make sure they did what they said they did......its just a sticker anyway, no big deal. But, you are right they are supposed to put a sticker under the hood to show the current program that is in the computer.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Dude. You need to start flogging that thing. I get up into the 6k range at least once everything I drive.
Confirmed, with the newest ECU version, the SVT switches to the short runners at 5000. Heard it loud and clear on the freeway in 4th. VERY BIG

Hey, I just got it back from the dealer who is less than a mile from my house, and it was still cold. Chill out.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
BS. Few dealers actually do that, at least in my experience. The RLA 1 sticker has been on my door since day 1, and my DSI switches to the shorts at 5k.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I thought it was just me....it really is so much better now with the new update. I think they may have finally gotten this right. I love this car more and more everyday!!! Hopefully it stays like this.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought the short runners kicked in at 5k rpm anyways? I know at 5k my car gets louder and pulls much harder. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i was just saying that they are supposed to put a sticker under the hood as far as i knew they all did it but i should haveknown better since ford is lazy as hell

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
according to a call to SVT they DO NOT change earlier, maybe they just found more power between 4000-6000 rpm's and then the runners take over there to make it seem like that, I really need to or want to see someone that has had their car dynoed with this new ecu code, that would probably explain alot about it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think everybody here is forgetting that the VCT starts activating in the 5000-5500 rpm range, then the intake runners switch at about 6000 rpm. Could the new reflash be affecting the variable cam timing sequence? Somebody call SVT and ask about it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
according to a call to SVT they DO NOT change earlier, maybe they just found more power between 4000-6000 rpm's and then the runners take over there to make it seem like that, I really need to or want to see someone that has had their car dynoed with this new ecu code, that would probably explain alot about it.
I don't need any proof, I have all the proof I need! I've always heard them switch over at 6000 for the first 35000 miles, and now they switch over at 5000. I'm not hearing anything else, and it's as distinctive as it was with the previous versions.
This isn't directed at you ASU, but anyone who tells me otherwise is full of it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nalar you are right though, I can feel the power there and I may not hear it, hearing might be a little bad, but sometimes I wonder where those guys that answer the phones get their info from, it is basically the same as calling Ford customer service. Like I said before a dyno would prove alot, not only where it jumps for the intake change, but also if there is more power in our cars now.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Oh oh, I can anwser this one!

TRUE

I talked to SVT today and they confirmed that the intake runners do switch at 5000rpm which is obviously earlier than they used to with the old program.

Also, the cam timing was not effected

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
BS. Few dealers actually do that, at least in my experience. The RLA 1 sticker has been on my door since day 1, and my DSI switches to the shorts at 5k.
Actually, he's correct. It's required by gov. emmision laws that if you mess with emmisions on a vehicle that you state what was done to it. It maybe that your dealer didn't put it in a noticable spot, or perhaps they didn't put it on but they should have.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts