Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 Svt feels like it isnt firing on all cylindersfor the first 30-60 seconds when I first start it than it clears and runs fine. I've owned it for 4 months, it has 127k miles on it, and is all stock. I've replaced the timing belt and all reccomended associated parts. Replaced the thermostat, fuel filter plugs wires, air filter oil change etc as preventive maintenance and to have a good base line on the service since it didnt come with service history. It seems very strong and solid. With the exception of this rough runing start up issue. One other observation I have is the car since our local weather has cooled off conisderbly (50-60* vs 75-90*) it is running via my obd2 165-180* .... seems like a low operating range to me but I'm used to v8's so maybe those temps are to be expected? It's mpg has slipped a bit as well with the cooler weather. Again I dont know if this means much but thought it is worth mentioning. Any ideas or advice will be greatly appricited as I am really trying to sort this great little car out plus it is a blast to drive.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts