Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S-AFC my rpm\'s on the unit are going nuts

I just finished the install and set the cyc. to 2 and connected the AFC's rpm wire to the PCM num.52 and it gives correct rpm's when I give it throttle but when I am at a stop the readings go up to 5500 - 6000 rpm's.
Is their a way I can fix this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: S-AFC my rpm\'s on the unit are going nuts

I also noticed that it jumps up to 1000 rpm's off of what it really is. Iheard that their is a way to connect the AFC rpm wire to the PCM tach wire. How would i do this so it would give me correct vaules. I can't use the AFC if the rpm's are jumping like this.

·
Registered
29 Posts

What sensor do you have it set on? My car(given it's a V6), did the same thing, all I had to do was set the MAF sensor type to the proper setting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have a sheet that tells me to connect a terminal to pin location 48 for tach output, but what does that mean. I taped into the wire and nothing showed.
Any help would be greatly app..

·
Registered
406 Posts

BAHH!! check your PMs. Tap pin 48. there will be NO wore there. use a piece of SOLID CORE 18awg wire and shove it into the empty space. set the signal to 2 cyl.. All is well.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Originally posted by Fusionimageracing:
I connected the AFC rpm wire to the PCM tach wire (48) and got no reading. Is their another thing I have to do. I set the cyc. to 2 and to 4 and still nothing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's what I did, I conected to #48 pin in the ecu put it back to 4cyl. and it works like a charm.

Miguel

·
Registered
309 Posts

How did you set it, and what are your other mods?

·
Registered
13 Posts

what settings where used, does this work on the focus? wouldnt the ecu re-learn any signal mods and make changes to accomadate anything other than factory settings eventually?

·
Registered
13 Posts
TUNING THE SUPER AFC IN A FOCUS, HELP...

SO I FINALLY GOT THE AFC INSTALLED INTO THE FOCUS, THAT WAS FUN,,,, NOW I NEED SOME HELP TUNING IT, I HAVE A AIR/FUEL METER IN THE CAR ALREADY GOING TO THE ECU... Any help is appreciated! come on guys, am i the only one with this thing in a focus??

·
Registered
13 Posts

got it , thanks, now as far as tuning is concerned does anyone know what the focus like is far as leaning and richening the mixtures and fuel curves? i know they tend to run a bit lean up top, especially with cams... any recomendations on where to set it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts