Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing this Ebay Cold air intake, well, installation is not easy as I thought. Right now, I'm stuck with the two mounting brackets, I just can't fit them properly. I've seen the pic. on the first (top) bracket and I'll try it again, but the bottom bracket, where does it go ?
Please help ASAP, I really appreciate it.

=dRe=

[ 01-04-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: aha ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, i installed my intake last night and on the bottom of the radiator you should see a hole, get a nut and washer and align it, make sure it is tight. I haven't yet installed the top bracket, let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy ****, so you work the bottom up ? I saw that hole underneath the radiator, but there is no way I could allign the 2nd intake piece to that. I'm so tired, I may just sell this intake, I hate things with no instructions like this.
Anyway thanks for your help, I've been working on it for 3 hours and this is not worth it.

=dRe=

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Aha: You've got a PM

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Man, yeah I tried to follow that too. But, I gave up. This thing is on sale for $50 + S/H, this is brand new unit. Let me know if you want it. I'll post it under for sale as well to make it official.

=dRe=

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just to make sure you did take off the battery and the bracket underneath right?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ray, I was following the tips from your site. It was very helpful, however it was hard to see underneath because my car is so low and it has that lip kit. The jack I have is too big to go under my car and I found it out after I uninstalled battery, my stock intake so I couldn't drive my car. I was just not patient enough yesterday. Anyway, it's up for sale for now.

=dRe=

1 - 8 of 8 Posts