Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an S2 Focus and from what i know the S2 has a better suspension then ur basic Zx3 well what is it exactly that the S2 has that the regular ZX3 doesn't?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Let's see, you have a 21mm rear sway bar, instead of the standard 20mm. Softer springs and stiffer shocks and struts. If you do a search you will find much info on the subject!
BTW the S2 and the Street Editions share the same set up.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i'll do a search i get the hint lol. Really what i'm getting at is if i did the ebach prokit would my ride go to crap?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a S2 and I've had the Apex SS kit for a couple of months now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It really suits my needs of being livable for daily driving and still keeps me planted autocrossing and doing a little backroad blasting. What are you planning on doing? Are you going to autocross or take your car to track days or are you into "show" more than "go"? I think my Apex kit looks just right, but some might want to go lower for better appearence, even though I don't know if it would necessarily improve handling. So yeah, it's all in the application really. Don't know what to tell you, until we have some more information on your intentions. congrats on having the coolest special edition focus though! IMO...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'll echo the fact that the Apex kit on MtBiken's S2 looks GREAT, AND it's a kit that's KNOWN to be a Great Handling Set-up w/o Sacrificing too much Ride-Quality.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i'll look into the APEX. How much of a drop is it i don't want to to low cause it nows here and i don't want a snow plow or to scrap on things when i go over bumbs. BTW i'm all go and no show i just want springs well ok i guess it's for show but i do go to the track and do a little autocross on the side so it would serve a purpose. for the record the only show mod i've done to my car is a shorty antenna lol. I like a clean car.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
thanks i'll look into the APEX. How much of a drop is it i don't want to to low cause it nows here and i don't want a snow plow or to scrap on things when i go over bumbs. BTW i'm all go and no show i just want springs well ok i guess it's for show but i do go to the track and do a little autocross on the side so it would serve a purpose. for the record the only show mod i've done to my car is a shorty antenna lol. I like a clean car.
Sounds like the APEX Kit is PERFECT for your Application, and the Price is Decent Too.
I'd recommend buying from Tony D at NewEdgePerformance.
You'll find his link off of the Main page under "resources".
GREAT Customer service from a Great sponsor of Focaljet.
Tell him we sent you.

BTW, Drop is somewhere between 1.25" and 1.5", and it makes the car sit NICE and Level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.