Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody know by any chance how the basic Sachs clutch kit compares to the ACT or ClutchMasters Stage III?

I got the CM stage 3 right here with me but to be honest it was more pricey than I've wanted and I'll be exchanging it for something less expensive. I'm tipping for the ACT (but I found a Sachs basic clutch kit for even cheaper.

Anybody know how these compare? Thanks for any immediate info. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
648 Posts
As far as I know, the Sachs kit is a direct replacement, so it'd be the closest to stock. I'm willing to bet that the CM and ACT units will hold up to more abuse/power.
I just had my clutch replaced and used the Sachs kit just to keep prices down. That, and I don't plan on pushing more than 200FWHP before my next clutch replacement.
My mechanic said that Sachs makes good stuff. The company that makes the material for their clutch plates also does so for some reputable brake and clutch companies, but since I don't remember names, it'll be something you hafta research in order to know specifics.
I say go sachs unless you're wanting a more firm engagement or are planning to put alot more power down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts