Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, First Post. Here we go. I just got an '04 Saleen N2O. It is not as fast as my last car ('87 Porsche 944 Turbo), so i would like to hook up the nitrous. The Nitrous set-up is complete minus the main fuel line, and wiring for the switch. Does anyone have a diagram that shows where to connect these, or know where i can get one? Thank you.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is this a Focus we are talking about? Or a Mustang? Sorry.

Andrew

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Is this a Focus we are talking about? Or a Mustang? Sorry.

Andrew
It is definately a focus.

As for setting it up, I don't know how everything is run in that car... and very few people here will. No one really has the saleen focus.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Here's the only info on your car i have, it's the scc issue with saleen focus article. As far as it says it comes with everything, you just hook it up. My guess would be , fill the bottle, hook the lines to it, and install the nozzle somewhere in the intake tract.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
yeah thats what I thought also.......the lines should already be ran and ready to go....all you should have to do is fill the bottle, plug it up and be on w/it

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
yeah thats what I thought also.......the lines should already be ran and ready to go....all you should have to do is fill the bottle, plug it up and be on w/it
No, they don't have the lines or wiring. They bottle is there more for show than anything, they didn;t actually want people to be using the nitrous. heh

·
Registered
891 Posts
N2OSALEEN, where are you from man? Sure would like to see that ride in person.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You have to order the harness and line from a saleen dealer. Then you should be all set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Petik, I'm from Central Cali.
The Nitrous system is complete, minus switch wiring, and the fuel line. I've had some trouble getting ahold of the tech guy at saleen, he's never in his office. I'll keep trying tho. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You know that hooking up the Nitrous voids the warrenty don't you. Also does yours have the 2.3L duratec or the 2.0L Zetec engine I think in 04 Saleen made both. If it is the 2.0L you wont be as fast as the numbers they printed in there adds those are with the 2.3L.
BTW to answer your question Saleen is the only place you can get the parts to hook up your nitrous. And they are going to charge you for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the 2.3L Duratec. Those numbers should be pretty close, low 14's for a stock focus isn't too bad. heh. I'll get some pics when i get home from work. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They want me to pay $400 for one fuel line, the switch harness, and a few fittings. I dont think so.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hey my buddy is currently going thru the same thing with his saleen focus with a 2.3 duratec
you can wire it up yourself, need a 4AN nitrous line, and a fuel rail adapter found from massive speed to complete the nitrous
when we actually get the parts(early august) ill definatly post up some pics and this saleen is in southern wisconsin

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
4 year old thread.....

[insert funny zombie thread pic here]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts