Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sandblast Rally 2010 is fast approaching (Feb 6) in Cheraw, SC.

Andrew (BigSandwich) and I will be running running our Focii there.

Come and spectate or, better yet, volunteer as a stage marshall.

Feel free to stop by in service and say hi. Don't forget to yell "You Suck!" as we roar by.

See you there.

Simon
USUK Racing

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I might be going just because. Ill let you guys know when I know for sure if im going and how many people im bringing. If anybody needs an extra crew member or something im free labor lol. :thumbup: And Simon, my co-driver john is gonna go if I go, so you should bring David again, it will be like old times lol. You know were just kidding around.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Matt, if you are and co-driver are going to be there you should attend the novice class. It doesn't cost much and will be one less novice class you have to take before your first race.

The car is ready to go on the trailer for Sno*Drift. Should be interesting since they got a bunch of rain up there last week so the roads are mainly ice at this point. Hopefully I can keep it out of the ditches.

See you in a little over a week Simon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what happened with Sno*Drift? Don't see your name in the results but you're listed in the Start Order.

Simon

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
We were running the regionals. So our names are not up in lights. We finished both rallies. We were going well on Friday until the last stage and then we got stuck on a snow banks. Sweep pulled us out and we were able to continue. Saturday we were just slow but I was driving to finish.

The car did decent. The drivers side motor mount that in on top of the trans broke during the second to last stage on Friday. That might have been why I got caught out on the last stage. The car was making some awful sounds! But we changed it during the night and the car ran fine all day on Saturday.

We will be at Sandblast next weekend!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the Foci at Sandblast took the top two 2WD podium spots: me 1st, Andrew 2nd. The sand is awful mean at robbing power and Andrew's car was at a disadvantage. But we both pulled through to another finish.

Here is the in-car video from our car.

Simon
USUK Racing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts