Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ION quad coupe today, it looked alot better in the flesh than the pictures make it out to be.

Early next year, it's 2.0L Ecotec engine gets supercharged, to 200/200.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My friend bought one...it's not my cup of tea. It just looks like there is too much "body" for the car and the design doesn't flow throughout the car. His is black and it has this ghey grey molding around the roof or something, it doesn't help the looks at all.

[ 05-20-2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Rubix ]

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have to think that a new set of wheels would help this car's look a lot. Maybe some nice tint, too...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sorry... the Ion is a testament to Every Single Damn Thing wrong with GM today, styling-wise.

The QuadCoupe Ion actually has a longer wheelbase than the Ion sedan! They're aping that moronic center-gague-cluster thing from Toyota...it's a very flat, boring shape, very plasticy. Looks like it's been focus-grouped to death, if you know what I mean. Design by committee.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by NationwideClyde:
I'm sorry... the Ion is a testament to Every Single Damn Thing wrong with GM today, styling-wise.

The QuadCoupe Ion actually has a longer wheelbase than the Ion sedan! They're aping that moronic center-gague-cluster thing from Toyota...it's a very flat, boring shape, very plasticy. Looks like it's been focus-grouped to death, if you know what I mean. Design by committee.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Geez, you literally took the words out of my mouth. No other car at GM demonstrates the company's utter contempt towards cars than the ION. Seriously - this car is a reflection of the fact that GM really doesn't give a rat's ass about cars. Trucks yes, cars no. From a financial perspective, that's fine for now since trucks have been the "it" thing for years now, but one day the bubble will burst...

And when it does, GM will be caught with its pants down.

Ed

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Did somebody forget to tell GM that big overhangs were out these days??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ditto. I never knew they were that long till i saw that pic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A motor in search of a body. The gauges in the middle of the dash are a big thumbs down too. When Porsche and Ferrari start putting gauges in the middle of the dash, I will then be a convert. Until then, Toyota can stick it and so can Saturn.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This car just sits in line with the cav, sunbird, hell even the corsica. Awkward GM styling and awkward GM interior. There's no breakthrough's here. This is another "nothing special" car that, other than styling, can't hardly separate itself from its bretheren.
It looks like a Lego design.

·
Registered
481 Posts
'Tis a pity. With the amount of capitol GM has to play with to hire the best designers in the world, and this is all they could come up with? What the hell is wrong with GM N/A? For the love of God! That car is UG-LEE!
To add to the ugly-ness, it is cheap, feels cheap, drives cheap, and is just plain garbage. Why can't someone FIRE all of the designers at Saturn and just bring over the Opel line from Europe. At least I would have some respect for them then.
Good God!
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
PLEASE!!! You'd pick a Saturn over this??

or this??

The Saturn looks homely by comparison... like a picture of a Beretta that hasn't finished downloading.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What's worse is seeing one in person. The body panel gaps are all huge and uneven for Christ's sake!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Originally posted by flat 4:
'Tis a pity. With the amount of capitol GM has to play with to hire the best designers in the world, and this is all they could come up with? What the hell is wrong with GM N/A? For the love of God! That car is UG-LEE!
To add to the ugly-ness, it is cheap, feels cheap, drives cheap, and is just plain garbage. Why can't someone FIRE all of the designers at Saturn and just bring over the Opel line from Europe. At least I would have some respect for them then.
Good God!
Cheers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You took the words right out of my mouth, Everyone says, Every magazine says it's plain garbage.They didn't go anything right to it, It's all crap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts