Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this link for the new Ion Redline. Looks pretty good considering its a Saturn. Has 200 hp and 200 lbs/ft torque with a inter-cooled and supercharged Ecotec-4. Also, there will be a Red Line Vue with a 250hp Honda V-6! Pretty bold moves for Saturn!

Thanks to the guys over on Saturnfans.com for the info!

SaturnFans Forum

Here is the Ion

Here is the Vue:

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
no matter wat it is still a saturn...i dont care if they throw a v8 under the hood they are ugly (even tho that is the best lookin one i have seen)...a saturn is a saturn, maybe if they take some drastic measures like hyundai did wit the tiburan and re-face it...but saturns have been lookin the same since they came into "view"

-chris

·
Registered
406 Posts
looks pretty nice, needs to be dropp'd though. at least the thought is there, unlike what we can say for the focus.

the nicest saturn ive seen was at the 2002 philly auto show: a lil more bling bling then i typically like, but i'd pimp it!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Rip off the body kit and wing, give me a quality set of CO's and I would rock it

- Drew

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by edjamin' franklin:
looks pretty nice, needs to be dropp'd though. at least the thought is there, unlike what we can say for the focus.

the nicest saturn ive seen was at the 2002 philly auto show: a lil more bling bling then i typically like, but i'd pimp it!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hate the guy who owns that car with a passion, whats his name, Brian Fox. Before Speedvision turned to all nascar tv he hosted import shows and was 10 times worse than Hi Rev Tuners.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

Tell me that dont look like a tiburon

[ 04-08-2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: SaxManZX3 ]

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Originally posted by Red-SE-00':
WHAT IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS AND ALL THINGS HOLY IS FORD WAITING FOR????????????????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have to agree. Ford is/has dropped the ball massively AGAIN! I think the horsepower wars have already started.

Most likely, Ford will advertise the SVTF as the Ion's competitor. Powerful, maybe not in outright numbers (200 hp vs 170 hp). Everything else (e.g. fit & finish, handling, ride, etc.), advantage Ford.

As for a VUE competitor, I can only see them bringing over a C-Max type vehicle, or massaging an Escape.

As for all Saturns looking the same...um...that's the point. That's how you know it's a Saturn...supposedly. Actually, that Ion looks more like the new Sunfire

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Originally posted by aha:
I'd like to test drive the Vue

=dRe=
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My parents bought one about 6 months ago. They both love it. From my own inspection the quality and finish is really good, better then I expected. Not 1 problem yet. They have the V6, it sounds good and moves pretty well.

·
Banned
830 Posts
When I was looking for a new car, I test drove a NEW Saturn.

I then tried a used one. 2 years old, lady driven, well taken care of.... BUT WOW!!!!!! talk about rattles squeeks clunks and other strange noises.

I guess that's what is expected from a car made entirely of plastic.

However, the Saturn really isn't a bad looking car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
GM interiors blow and do not have any new/good suspension accept the corvette and new GTO.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Originally posted by ferrethouse:
Celica from the back and tiburon from the front.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd half agree with that.

RSX/TSX from the front. But defeinitely looks like the Celica from the back with that 3 foot high bumper.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by WarEagle:
Check out this link for the new Ion Redline. Looks pretty good considering its a Saturn. Has 200 hp and 200 lbs/ft torque with a inter-cooled and supercharged Ecotec-4. Also, there will be a Red Line Vue with a 250hp Honda V-6! Pretty bold moves for Saturn!

Thanks to the guys over on Saturnfans.com for the info!

SaturnFans Forum

Here is the Ion

Here is the Vue:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the Vue is not that bad, but the ION is ugly.

·
Registered
688 Posts
This should give ford a clear warning to wake up. But unfortunatly, the caviler will still come out before a fi'ed focus

1 - 20 of 32 Posts