Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yesterday i was driving down a street and unfortunately i couldn't stop to get a better look, but there was a yellow and black Lightning, the newest bodystyle, but instead of the "SVT Lightning" or whatever badge on the side in front of the door, it had a badge that said "5.6 Boss" instead. (i think it was 5.6, and there might have been another word after "Boss"). the badge didn't look fake at all, and the truck was all sorts of done up, with custom exhaust etc etc, was this a special package available from an aftermarket tuner (or even Ford), or do you think this guy decided to slap those badges on his modded Lightning?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I think he just bought a Lightning body kid, and modded his truck himself.

·
Registered
933 Posts
they sell those at some ford dealers, it's a package, a few different stages, 1 2 3 they all have different additives like the yellow body kit, etc they are pretty sweet

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh this is exactly what i was talking about:

thanks everyone. that was bugging me. i assume that "Boss 5.4" means there is some sort of engine work done?

[ 04-22-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Jared ]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have spotted about 4 different ones here in Denver and always wondered about them. Any specs?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
its the standard 5.4L with a cat-back...

also, the stock boss 5.4 is rather bland. its just a paint scheme, body kit, exhaust, and badging. you have to get up to 'stage 2' or 'stage 3' before it gets interesting. the one pictured in that pic is a stage 3... stage 4 looks like that but with a fully tricked-out interior.

heh

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've seen a newer yellow and black mustang that had BOSS written all over it..

But the funny thing was, it didnt have the dual exhaust like the GT, just the single V6-style tailpipe.. now was this just a decal job in bad taste?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
F-150, not Mustang.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I think I'll just hold out until my step dad decides to part with his current lightning and I will try to pick it up from him, it'll be a while and he just may put another 20 grand into it in that time

·
Registered
152 Posts
One of the Ford dealers has 3 of these in stock, 2 yellow and 1 orange. They are pretty sweet looking but they were priced at around 36 grand, way to pricey for my tastes. I'd rather just spend the 33 grand to get a new Lightning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts