Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a car show at the park here in Milan for a car show with my girl's uncle who had 2 cars in the show (29 Ford coupe won People's Choice, and a 68 GTO took 1st in it's class) and there was a brand new GTO at the show. Now, I must preface this by saying, I do not like the new GTO's at all. This car was absolutely hideous. It had lambo doors on it, big 20 or 22 inch chrome rims, and in the trunk it had a couple subs in a custom enclosure then had a big LCD flatscreen in the inside of the decklid so it could be viewed when the trunk was open. I thought it was way over-done, but to each his own. Funny thing was, it was some old man who was there with the car.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
well since the perfomance is already done (in the owners eyes) why not add some show to go along with it?

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
defeats the whole purpose of that car, IMO. to each his own, though.

Mike

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
AHHHHHHHH!! pimp my ride has permeated into the old man demographic! My dad even loves that show!

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
there will always be people who put too much chrome on cars...

there will always be people who put too much stereo in cars...

there will always be people who fly in the same direction as everyone else at the show scene...

its their thing, don't knock...just be glad your going a different way...a way without loud subs, oversized chrome, ridiculous fads, over-abundance of lights...

..and most importantly, a way where you don't have that stuff and still win the show

anyone can put things in and on a car, takes skill to make em flow together

-chris

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't say I don't have loud subs in my car, cuz I do. I've got 2 12 inch subs in my ZX3. I hate chrome on newer cars, it looks great on old cars, but it isn't my flavor on newer cars.

I don't know if the guy won anything, I'd sure hope he didn't.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
absolutely nothing...u missed the entire point

everyone has their way, u choose ur way and excel in that area and don't worry bout others..

this is how we keep peace in the car world

·
Wanna touch my tots?
6,805 Posts
i love the new GTO. love it. so much. i still want one yesterday. and in a few years if i could afford it, i'll still buy one used. i love it that much

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
defeats the whole purpose of that car, IMO. to each his own, though.

Mike
i think the purpose in his eyes were reached

it wa slacking in his opinion ..

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
...a way without loud subs,

oh, pish posh. if you've got the power to move em, put em in.

///vroooooom/// ///booooom///

1 - 11 of 11 Posts