Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading over and over again about the various sections in Sport Compact Car's Suspension series. A lot of good info has been passed onto the reader, especially the difference in non-Macpherson and Macpherson strut-type suspension setups. I was curious as to if anybody out there as looked into actually taking some measurements and putting them into the equations provided by the magazine. Some of the simple suspension geometry tricks that grassroots motorists are doing seem to be working great, and I was curious as to if anybody has given some serious consideration or thought into producing some parts, mainly dealing with adjustable arms and alternate pivot points.

I'd also like to see some of your opinions on SCC's series as a whole, whether it seemed informative or it was just techno-babble. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I didn't read the whole series, just the first part. It seemed well done.

The trick is most of the geometry mods they are talking about are very complicated. With a car that is a good starting point, like the Focus, there's a good chance you'll make it worse rather than better.

On older cars like Mustangs, it was so bad from the factory, that it was hard to go wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts