1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come one Come all!

SCCA-Chicago Aug 28th

I'll be there along with the Autodude.
Schnack - Mentioned at Jetfest that he might go!
Auto-x-ZTS - I expect to see you there! (although every time we run together, I suck!)
RacerX - Don't let life get in the Way!
S2D2 - Here's your chance to come play with the Chicago boys!

The rest of you midwest Jetters, this is a CenDiv so the best in the Midwest will be layin' it down.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have it on the planner...need to make sure wifey is on board.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i have an SBR event that day, or else i'd go. here's the dreaded: "maybe next time!"

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Awwwwwww! SBR over a CenDiv!? Don't they lettcha drop an event or two for your year-end points?

Why not tell the SBR fellas "maybe next time" and come out and run--Joliet has got to be closer than South Bend too, right?

(You fully realize, Chris, that I am just giving you a hard time...
)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
well, there are a lot of other logistics involved, with some kids being toted around and stuff.

plus, man i don't want to have to entertain a 6-year old for the half an hour between runs i'd have to sit thru.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I understand that completely
(mine is only 3 1/2, so he stays with Mommy or Auntie when daddy goes racing...)

So you thinking JrKart in 2 years

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
chicago indoor karting has a summer program for 7 and up, next year he's getting behind the wheel!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have it on the planner...need to make sure wifey is on board.
As of now wifey is definately not on board...

She works 7pm on Saturday nite until 6am Sunday Morning...and has 40 minute drive home. I'd need to leave East Troy (Alpine Valley) by 5am to head for Joliet...and have our 3 year old son to care for. He'd have to go into Milwaukee to stay at my sister-in-law's on Saturday nite...and be there for 24+ hours...and my wife would not have the chance to see Maxwell at all on Sunday afternnon when she gets up...It's a logistical clusterf#!k. If the event was local, I could make it work as I could drop Maxwell off early Sunday, but with a 2+ hour drive in the opposite direction of my sister-in-law, aint gonna likely work.

Still trying for a workable solution...but not looking good as of now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts