Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do this? or ClubRally?

dirt's fun, i'd like to do it competitively. I'll prolly start running in stock solo II if i ever get off my ass. And end up in thesame state as my car...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Rally Cross is about as close you'll come without shelling major $$$.

Club Rally is full out, professional level rally.... Roll Cage, rally computers and everything on that one!

I've been meaning to get to some Rally-X events... but just haven't made it.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm...must've read the website wrong. WEll i suck

i would've figured group N wouldn't be too bad...guess not.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
i'm going to go try a rally-X on the 28th, I wondered about these myself. Figure it can't hurt much more than regular auto-x, just a little slower and harder to steer.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
i'm going to go try a rally-X on the 28th, I wondered about these myself. Figure it can't hurt much more than regular auto-x, just a little slower and harder to steer.
Call me a wuss, but I'm concerned about all that dust and dirt getting in places that I can't get it out!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Couple of q-Tips takes care of that....oh, I see what you mean....
There a couple of guys in our region that run Fri night dirt circle track and Sat RallyX in the same cars. No windows, no door panels, no seals. Looked like desert racers-raccoon eyes- at the end of a 2 minute course.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Now... On multiple occasions I've considering picking up a solid $500-$800 88-89 Omni TBI just for such events.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
just for the record, a friend of mine took his mint condition 3g ASP RX-7 twin turbo on a rallycross course once and didn't even scratch the paint.

if all goes well i'll be chairing one next month!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
just for the record, a friend of mine took his mint condition 3g ASP RX-7 twin turbo on a rallycross course once and didn't even scratch the paint.

if all goes well i'll be chairing one next month!
It's not the paint I'm worried about, it is the dirt sitting on spring perches and crossmembers that bugs me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can attest to that. Putting my old suspension on Guttedhatche's car this weekend. Every piece you would take off would have caked on mud or little mountains of dirt on it.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
When I worked @ The Rim Rally I took Annie out on the course in the mud and had a lil fun with her for a quick second. A good pressure wash in the suspension took care of all that...

The engine compartment needs work still........ but hey, can't be perfect everywhere eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts