Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season is pretty much Alonso's to lose. He only needs to finish 4th in the last 7 races and even Raikkonen doubts his ability to close the gap.

Schumacher has finally conceded the championship run but vows to continue racing in F1. He's obviously still near the top as a driver but his lack of success will wear on him and I say he will retire next season.(I don't consider his Indy win a success.) It's not like he has much more to prove and time does catch up to everyone. All the current top drivers are much younger. However, If I were him I'd be tempted to work until I was a rolling chicane.(In real life I would be more of a standing road block.)

I hope Montoya can pass Schumi in the standings. That should dishearten him a little bit more. I actually watched the race without peaking at the net. I didn't want to know if J.P. would make it to the front. 2nd place was pretty good considering he started last.

Louie.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think his performance this year has much more to do with Ferrari's problems as well as the Bridgestone/1 set per weekend dilemma.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think his performance this year has much more to do with Ferrari's problems as well as the Bridgestone/1 set per weekend dilemma.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think Ferrari will be back in force next year. I'm just so glad it's not quite the yawnfest it was last year, I lost interest like halfway into the season after Schumi had it locked up.

McLaren could still win the constructor's championship but I do believe Alonso is almost a lock now, Renault has the reliability that McLaren doesn't, even though they seem be quicker at most tracks.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
If Kimi's car would be reliable, things would be different.... Oh well
yea yesterday he owned then it was just gone like that it sucked

·
Registered
803 Posts
If Kimi's car would be reliable, things would be different.... Oh well
Kimi's car would be more reliable if he didn't try and drive like a bat out of hell ALL the time. Remember the Nurburgring this year when he flat spotted his tire and blew his suspension to pieces in the last lap? Race went to Alonso.

Alonso has adopted the strategy of sitting comfortably in 2nd behind Kimi and waiting for Kimi's suspension/transmission/whatever to finally call it quits. Montoya hasn't had the reliability issues that Kimi's had.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Alonso has adopted the strategy of sitting comfortably in 2nd behind Kimi and waiting for Kimi's suspension/transmission/whatever to finally call it quits. Montoya hasn't had the reliability issues that Kimi's had.
Meh.... sometimes yes. But you discount Alonso's talent in that scenario. He is an incredible driver, and the Rens have proven to be amazing cars.

Next year... with the new engines... I expect to see quite a bit of shuffling around of the "usual suspects"

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
No chance of Schumi retiring before next year. He still wants the one last remaining record held by Senna. 65 poles. He still needs 2 more to tie, 3 to surpass, and he sure as hell ain't going to get them this year.

Schumi's 110% competitor. I could see him retiring this year if it was a slaughter like last year, but now Schumi has something to prove. He and Ferrari will be back with a vengeance.

But still... I'm THRILLED to be a Alonso/Renault fan this year.

·
Registered
792 Posts
No chance of Schumi retiring before next year. He still wants the one last remaining record held by Senna. 65 poles. He still needs 2 more to tie, 3 to surpass, and he sure as hell ain't going to get them this year.

Schumi's 110% competitor. I could see him retiring this year if it was a slaughter like last year, but now Schumi has something to prove. He and Ferrari will be back with a vengeance.

But still... I'm THRILLED to be a Alonso/Renault fan this year.

Happen to have a link to that as a high res shot?

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Glad to see Hockenheim was a race full of driving instead of yawning.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Meh.... sometimes yes. But you discount Alonso's talent in that scenario. He is an incredible driver, and the Rens have proven to be amazing cars.

Next year... with the new engines... I expect to see quite a bit of shuffling around of the "usual suspects"
Oh I didn't mean to discount Alonso's ability... what I was actually trying to say was that he was a smarter and more patient driver than Kimi which has led to his success this year.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
The Hockenheim GP was definately the best race of the seaons by far. Kimi blowing his motor the fight between M.Schumacher and everyone else...Very very good race. I was hoping Kimi would win this race just to make things more interesting but I guess it is Alonso's year.

And yes finaly Button gets a legalized podium finish!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Montoya had the most impressive run that day of all of them... from the back row up to 2nd place... wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts