Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the 06 scion tc, I'm thinking of trading in my 04 jrsc zx3. I hope theyll give me around 9000$ for my car, and maybe I can get around 2000$ for my sc, wheels, etc...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i think u should do it cuz i know i would haha. have u test driven one yet? for me the car just offers so much for the money and i love the style and the potential of the motor.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Scion TC thoughts

Nice looking little car.

Has HP potential, like jasinger said.

But does it handle? Is it, as Nate says, a major smile machine?

·
Banned
926 Posts
Working on TCs and 'test' driving them....they lack something in the fun department. They just dont handle like they should. And getting $9000 for trade in? Hate to dissapoint you but you'll be damn lucky just to get $5000.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
i know im gonna be suiting up in the flame retardant suit but i dont know about the "chick car" status that it has..

then again im gonna lease a brand new Jetta so I have no room to talk lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
The tc in my opinion has already become a total chick car. Will be worse as time goes by.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
the handling stock needs improvement to match what the focus has. but an easy drop such as the eibach or trd springs would bring it to a much better handling and looking level.. cost of springs is about $120-$230

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Working on TCs and 'test' driving them....they lack something in the fun department. They just dont handle like they should. And getting $9000 for trade in? Hate to dissapoint you but you'll be damn lucky just to get $5000.
That's kinda low....I'd say more like 7 or so. But I'd look for something else if I were you. The Mazda 3 is a better choice to me than the tC, or a nice low mile SVTF would be just as nice.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
I would say the same... 5k maybe 6 if you are darn lucky.

·
Banned
926 Posts
hate to break it to you guys but the Focus is more of a 'chick' car than the tC
You momma is a chick!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I personally think the tC is the best car out there for the money in terms of content, you can't beat the price/performance/looks all together. Is it an all out driver's car, no way. Hell, I talked my 50 something year old step-father into buying one.

I would personally want a Mazda3 over it, but you'd have to pay 5 grand more for the 3 to have the same content.

It's a good solid choice (a little heavy) but easy to modify. I say go for it.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Well at least out here, the main problem I see with them is that everyone who drives them acts like they are driving a Mercedes or somthing. I see them all the time taking up two spots in the parking lot, and girls with fake Gucci glasses driving them.

·
Banned
926 Posts
I wouldnt even get the Mazda 3. I test drove one and toss one in the corner (the sales guy nearly crapped his pants) and I just couldnt feel it. Maybe it's the electronic throttle body but it wouldnt just pull itself out of the corner.

Personally, if I had the money, I would keep the Focus and get a Miata (which IMO is a RWD Focus).

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
the handling stock needs improvement to match what the focus has. but an easy drop such as the eibach or trd springs would bring it to a much better handling and looking level.. cost of springs is about $120-$230

my local scion dealer wants $499 for the trd springs.... wonder if anyones dumb enough to buy them lol

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
I personally only would buy the TC but i am pretty sure toyota makes them

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
After owning an xB for one year, I have serious doubts about the longevity of any Scion interior. They used very cheap interior fabrics & plastics across the entire Scion line.

My xB was just over a year old with 12k miles on it when I sold her. The seat fabric was already showing wear on the bolsters and the floor mat on the driver's side was worn down to the rubber backing (and I do take very good care of my cars...so this isn't about abuse/neglect). This was more interior wear than my 3-year old 2000 ZX3 with over 60k on the clock.

But, I cannot argue the fact that the tC is a great car for the money: tons of cool features, decent power, unique styling, and great handling. If you can overlook the interior cheapness, it is a pretty decent car.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
well my opinion goes like this...

if ur planning on changing the exterior to look a lot more distinct than the stock ones, then i say get it. The engine is strong as hell and can be boosted (turbo) to insane gains. I know of a Tc running close to 11sec qt's with 380hp under the hood and stock internals. Superchargers for the car are fairly laim right now and the TRD gives u the warranty advantage but gives lil gain.

If your not willing to do a lot of exterior work, then i dont think it is worth it since they are getting close to Civic familarity around a lot of areas. And simply said, the ZX3 still looks nothin like anything on the road. Which will always give you the advantage at shows.

Handling, ZX3 smokes it. The Tc is very much like the RSX with handling, gives the sense of "riding on rails" with a suspension that feels like ur riding on a large piece of solid metal. just no bend into the road or anything. But again, can be changed with aftermarket products.

So it is up to you, updating to a new car is always good in the sense of modifying and the Tc definitely offers a definite gain in options, style, and all/all fit...

-chris

edited: for dumbness

1 - 20 of 29 Posts