Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you are interested in the Scion vehicles. I just thought I'd share some pics I found. This album was created by a guy on the "Scion Tour" (e.g. a salesman). However, there are some good images.

Scion limo!

Blitz xA

Several Scions

Here's the whole album if you're intersted:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4290221409

[ 05-14-2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: hatched ]

·
Registered
694 Posts
That album was great. Not so much for the photography, but for the shots of the vechicles with people and other stuff next to them. I can finally get a feel for what size they are. I'm a little on the fence about the xB, but the xA has really great proportions. I like it a lot. I wish they would have just been normal and released them nation wide so I could go look at one. Definatley going to be a used car to watch for in 5 years. Maybe Toyota is actually on to something here. Maybe.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I just don't get is both cars come with power locks, windows, A/C, ABS, the xB has traction control and stability control but neither car has cruise control! I do a lot of Interstate driving and that is a big minus in my book. Also, the 108hp isn't terribly appealing.

Unfortunately, the xB's shape lures me in, time after time! I don't know why, but it does!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Originally posted by hatched:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Qdoba Addict:
What is with this picture?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those are the cars that went with the Scion Tour crew so that when the xB and xA broke down the Focus and the Civic could still get the salesmen to where they needed to go!
(J/K)
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Boring eh?

Just cuz we can't be "fresh" and "****" like this guy:

or this guy:

But then again...looks like the scions are FOLLOWING the focus...hehe

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there is a possibility that Scion may be trying too hard at being "cool." (As seen in the pics above
)

If I get rid of my Civic, I'm seriously considering one of two cars: The Suzuki Aerio SX or the Sxion xB.

The Aerio has 40 more horsepower and weighs 300 lbs more than an xB, comes with cruise, 6-disc changer, and a better powertrain warranty, not to mention $2,000 cash back, bringing the MSRP below the non-negotiable price of the Scion (think Saturn pricing), and has alloy wheels.

The xB has cooler looks (IMHO), more aftermarket support, Toyota name (reliability, resale), and more cargo carrying ability. However, there's no cruise and the crash-tests aren't done yet, there won't be a dealer network in Wisconsin till June 2004, and resale could be questionable – especially if Scion bombs.

Regarless, if I get either one, I can assure you that A)racerx will make fun if it (don't forget – he has a Kia Sedona
(j/k man!)) and B)No one will steal it (probably)

One of my favorite Aerios

One of my favorite xBs.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Andrew, If I decide to go the xB route, I already devised a plan. I have two ways to get it this June / July:

1) fly to LA, drive xB back. Cost = $227 + food. Time frame = 36hrs driving + 4 hour trip.

2) fly to LA and back, ship the xB. Cost = $1017. Time frame = 4 hour trip each way, a week or two for arrival.

It basically boils down to if I wanna drive for 40+ hours straight and add 2500 miles to the car within a two day period, or keep 3-10 miles on the car, and get it a week later.

The xB won't fail, trust me. If you've seen how much the Japanese flock towards it, that may be some indication of the US market.

And Andrew, check your PM's.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just because they're popular in Japan doesn't mean they'll be popular here. A good example is the Echo/Vitz/Yaris. The Echo is not popular here at all, and the xB/xA has the same engine.

Also, look other tall wagons such as the Suzuki Wagon R (best selling vehicle in Japan, not sold here), or the Nissan Micra.

Historically, tall wagons haven't done well in the US. Mitsubishi Expo LRV (RVR in Japan) was gone after only four years in production. Nissan Axxess was even less. Civic Wagon also died in 1991. It hasn't been a popular genre. I happen to love them. They handle and drive like cars but offer the room of an SUV/mini-van.

I really hope this segment takes off because I'd really like to see the Honda Fit in the U.S. and I've heard rumors that if the xB is successful, that Nissan would bring over the it's Cube and Honda it's Fit. However, with the xB's puny engine (1.5L VVT-i 108 hp), I don't see "young males" flocking to the car. Even I'd want at least 115hp from the xB (and cruise).

You may say, "just supercharge/turbo it." While that'll add the power, it'll also void an engine warranty.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Let see, there already is a factory-installed supercharger option, expected to put out 160hp.

Tall wagons are rather successful here, look at the Matrix. Very good example. There is also the recently-debuted Element.

No one can determine what these things are going to do.

Are you going to sign up on ScionLife.com? I'm about to become a moderator there, pretty b/a.

Andrew

·
Registered
364 Posts
one of my favs

mmmm supercahrged...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I almost forgot about this one,

[ 05-14-2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: c-grimmace ]

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
Let see, there already is a factory-installed supercharger option, expected to put out 160hp.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was told ther wasn't a factory installed supercharger option. That was from a Scion rep. Also, if you've ever priced out a TRD blower, they are about $3000 plus labor to install it. Now, we're talking about a $17,000-$18,000 xB!

Base xB price: $14,100
destination charge: $520
Tax, title, liscence: $1000
Supercharger and installation (to get factory warranty if it were/is available): $3500
AEM Cold air intake (through Scion) $395
Total price: $19,515 (and still no cruise!)
Also, that doesn't include any performance exhaust or anything. Plus, you're still rollin' on 15" steelies with plastic hubcaps.

For that price, I'll take an Si, a Matrix, or possibly a used WRX.

[ 05-14-2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: hatched ]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quoted from here.

"One of the reps for the group [scion tour, southern california] informed me that the supercharger comes as an option covered by Toyota. Also several other accessories...

-17", 18", and 19" rims, (in multiple colors),
-optional 3" drop with speciallized shocks and 19" rims to match,
-specialized paint
-replacement exterior parts (bumper, trim, grill)
-Racing seats (multiple companies - eg. Momo, Sparco)

Oh, and the best yet ... SUNROOF"

That's plenty of proof.

Andrew

Edit: below his first reply comes that he guesses the s/c runs $1500. I spoke to him, and he said the rep gave him that price.

[ 05-14-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
Quoted from here.

"One of the reps for the group [scion tour, southern california] informed me that the supercharger comes as an option covered by Toyota. Also several other accessories...

-17", 18", and 19" rims, (in multiple colors),
-optional 3" drop with speciallized shocks and 19" rims to match,
-specialized paint
-replacement exterior parts (bumper, trim, grill)
-Racing seats (multiple companies - eg. Momo, Sparco)

Oh, and the best yet ... SUNROOF"

That's plenty of proof.

Andrew

Edit: below his first reply comes that he guesses the s/c runs $1500. I spoke to him, and he said the rep gave him that price.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The SC for the 2.4L Tacoma engine was $2400 plus installation.

An SC for $1500 would be amazing, but I don't see it hapening. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless, after the SC and the install, we're around $16K, and you're still on steelies. Factory alloys and parts are almost always super expensive. If you go to www.scion.com, you'll be able to see one of the TRD rims, and the strut/spring package. Look at it this way: If Scion is charging $395 for an AEM intake, imagine how much 19" rims would be.

Again, we'll see.

BTW: Andrew - Are you on the Yahoo! Groups Scionworld?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you want to check it out theres this website- www.Scionlife.com -Its really new so no one is on it but its really nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts