Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got an e-mail that in so-cal the pricing on www.scion.com is out! not too bad i must say, but the horsepower is kinda in the dumps, but who needs hp when you have a scion xb that looks hella cool!

XA...
Manual $12,965
Automatic $13,765

XB
Manual $14,165
Automatic $14,965

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
ya i just got that too. they seriously need to offer alloy wheels, WTF is that. unless they do that to keep the cost down, perhaps assuming that kiddies are just gonna buy their own rims anyway

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well.......I just don't get the looks of these cars. I will admit that I'm 34 years old so maybe my age correlates to my opinion. Those cars look like ass! The AMC Pacer had more style than these ugly cars. Chevy has good grounds for a lawsuit because they look suspiciously like an Astro van.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
i don't think it's the age...i'im 19 and i agree. Total ass

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by blueovalbaboon:
i don't think it's the age...i'im 19 and i agree. Total ass
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">23 here and i think the xB looks like ****. the xA isn't quite so bad though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Originally posted by Ford5pointoh:
Well.......I just don't get the looks of these cars. I will admit that I'm 34 years old so maybe my age correlates to my opinion. Those cars look like ass! The AMC Pacer had more style than these ugly cars. Chevy has good grounds for a lawsuit because they look suspiciously like an Astro van.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Although I completely agree with your "ass"essment of the XB's looks, I have to say the XA looks mighty tasty IMHO...I don't think age is an issue as I'm 36...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Originally posted by j_latimer:
but who needs hp when you have a scion xb that looks hella cool!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Early xB design study...

xB prototype undergoing hot weather testing...

Abandoned xB "MPV" concept...

[ 05-08-2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: racerx ]

·
Registered
64 Posts
XA = Mini Matrix!

XB = Mini Element!

The XB and the Element are just horrible. They're even uglier than the Aztek! (Yeah, I said it!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone looking for an Xb, I've got one for sale right now. I'll let it go for...ohh..$11,500. It's a little small, But it's got the performance badge on the back with that says "Size 12" and has the bright orange Nike Swoosh "graphic" on the sides. And it's a convertible!

·
Registered
694 Posts
They did a fine job with the styling on both but they flat out made some bad choices when it came to the engineering, primarily the rear suspension and the choice of engines.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by Ford5pointoh:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, man, the AMC Pacer had more style than damn near anything on the road, before or after! My first car was a '77 Pacer Wagon. I would LOVE to find a nice one these days....

Also, honestly, I don't mind the xB, except for that nose. Thing should have a bit more industrial verve to it. As it is, it looks like it's masquerading as a 2nd-gen Camry...

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
xA

xB

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
They both look ugly as ****ing hell. WHy would anyone want to buy one or consider it. I thought the focus was ugly! Just like that honda thing, all i see ita bunch or goofy middle aged people rollin around in them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I find neither beautiful, but I don't find either hideous.

That said, after reading Car & Driver's article, I think the xB could be a great urban runabout. Lot's of room. Good gas mileage.

The perfect thing if you don't want to run up the miles on your Porsche going to work and getting groceries.

Oh yeah, 33.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
regarding the Astro thing, those of you who are Bb fans, how long has it been out in Japan?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Look! Aerodynamics!!:

Personally I don't care for the whole "refridgerator box" styling...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts