Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screamin\' Demon Coil Pack

Anybody know if this coil pack is worth the $150 Tony is selling it for on newedgeperformance???

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Re: Screamin\' Demon Coil Pack

this topic has been discussed a few times in the last couple of weeks. please either review the last few weeks of threads or do a search.

had you searched just for "screamin", these are just a few returns...

http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=010535#000000

http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009745#000000

http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009062#000000

not trying to be a dick - just trying to educate.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

Don't expect anything noticeable with that.

·
Registered
713 Posts

i dont have the screaming demon - do have the msd / magnacore combo , though . 89.00 for the coil , 75.00 for the wires . smoother idle, bog disappeared . noticeable - yes . mpg = + 3 --- yes its a good deal, it'll pay for itself

·
Registered
16 Posts

hey i got the screamon demon coil and focus sport plug wires very good coil running .65 gap on the plugs never had any problems with it better mpg and bogging dissapeared and quicker in the top end very good coil the price is for coil and hot wire's they have just the coil you can purchase if you have beafy wire's dont run with stock wires friend did that melted them 3 days later
TeamZx3

·
Registered
727 Posts

i got it, i like it, way smoother, if u drive ur car more thaN occasionally, you'll notice it.
....tek

·
Registered
658 Posts

Originally posted by Team Zx3:
hey i got the screamon demon coil and focus sport plug wires very good coil running .65 gap on the plugs never had any problems with it better mpg and bogging dissapeared and quicker in the top end very good coil the price is for coil and hot wire's they have just the coil you can purchase if you have beafy wire's dont run with stock wires friend did that melted them 3 days later
TeamZx3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i thought you HAD to use the livewire because of a different connector on the coil????

·
Registered
631 Posts

Originally posted by 4dse:
i dont have the screaming demon - do have the msd / magnacore combo , though . 89.00 for the coil , 75.00 for the wires . smoother idle, bog disappeared . noticeable - yes . mpg = + 3 --- yes its a good deal, it'll pay for itself
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where can I get the MSD coil from?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
401 Posts

I too was under the impression that it was not possibel to run the coil with anything other than the live wires. How is the fitament? I though the boots were different.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Performance Distributors Focus Firepower Ignition - (Was $139.99) Now Just: $130.00
Includes the Screamin' Demon Coil and 10mm LiveWire Spark Plug Wires available in Yellow, Red, Blue, and Black.

Purchase online at Check the out on myFordPerformance.com

This is from MyFordFocus.com. There is a how to on the install and some more feedback on the product.

·
Registered
662 Posts

Actually, I am all out and waiting on the coils. Apparently that darn strike on the west coast is slowing things up

·
Registered
662 Posts

Originally posted by quicksilver:
I too was under the impression that it was not possibel to run the coil with anything other than the live wires. How is the fitament? I though the boots were different.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've asked the guys at Performance Distributors several times. And each times the guy I work with has told me any aftermarket wire that is designed to fit the stock coil will not fit the new coil.

Take a look at your stock coil, there are "posts" or "male" that the stock wires fit onto:

On the new coil, the "posts" are more like "sockets" or "female" fittings that the new wires fit into:

Also, the way the new wires "lock" over the stock coil on the outside is different.

The link to the myFordFocus.com How-To Library is http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/coil.htm

Hope that helps.

[ 12-02-2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: myFordPerformance.com ]

·
Registered
16 Posts

Originally posted by djwirfel:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Team Zx3:
TeamZx3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i thought you HAD to use the livewire because of a different connector on the coil????</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nope ive just been using the focus sport wires and had no problem just different then the stock wires i would asume

[ 12-03-2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Team Zx3 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts