Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can download stuff from the SCT Flash site. Is it OK to use this software with an XCal 2 from you guys? Or will you have a download page available with FS versions of the software as soon as you can get Steve to put it together?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for the great FOTB raffle prize!

edit: Also, do you guys have the 9-pin analog input cable for sale or should I make my own or???

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
It's yours now, you can do whatever you'd like with it.

I'm not sure what you want to download, though.

I don't have any plans for a download page, not sure what that would be used for. Your XCal2 file is already loaded into your unit and you already have user adjustable features that you can access as you flash your car. What else are you looking for Chucky?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was no software CD... How can I hook it to a computer to datalog without the Windows software?
Let me tell you what was in the box, maybe that's easier.
Xcal2 Unit, yellow notice for SCT Eliminator chip users, white User's Guide sheet, and a fancy chrome SCT "decal" type thing. That's all.

Also, would I need to send it back to get another program added or is that something that you'll be able to e-mail me with a future version of the software?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Alright, I get what you are saying. For data logging, yes please go download LiveLink from the SCT site.

I've got some new things coming down the pipeline very soon in regards to sending files out. For now, yes you'll have to mail it to me for another file.

Have you flashed your car yet? Did you see that you have many parameters that you can change yourself?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you flashed your car yet? Did you see that you have many parameters that you can change yourself?
It took me this long just to find a USB cable.

I'm assuming I need to pull the fuses as indicated in the User's Guide, correct? Or is that not necessary on a Focus?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not headed down the wrong road.
I realize I don't need the laptop or USB cable to flash the car. I'll take the XCal2 out to the car, pull the SCT chip and then follow the included directions (no laptop or USB cable involved
) and will be back in a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It still flashes ok when you pull the fuses, they're just a pain to get out, especially the two for the fans.

I don't know what the thing was doing for the first 45 minutes I let it sit there and it had some message including someting along the lines of "do not disconnect".
Unplugged it and it had done nothing.
Started over and it worked ok that time. The first time it did NOT show a status percentage. I figured there was no way this thing would take an hour to flash.

It appears to be flashed now. Any chance of getting a run-down of what the various options do (PM or e-mail is fine if you don't want to tell the world
)? I'm guessing one is to set the drag launch but it's not called that. If that's not the case then there is no drag launch in there since it revved way past the 3k just sitting there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts