Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have Xcal4 device + OBD2 and USB cable. It came in a box.

Its 2000 2.0L zetec with manual box.

thanks

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
You have a Xcal4. No tuning adjustments are possible without a tuner or pro racer package that you tune yourself.

Where did you buy it from? They should be able to adjust the tune for you.

- Drew

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why does the myth that "the EGR reduces full throttle power" still persist?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Why does the myth that "the EGR reduces full throttle power" still persist?
I don't know that it does. I know for a fact that it helps with MPG's, but mine is still gone.

Mine is disabled in the ECU because it's removed, and I don't want a code.

I don't want it on the car, due to weight and simplification. Also one less thing to break and one less thing in the way when i'm working on it.

Interesting 'bump' though. Making a point? lol

- Drew

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know that it does. I know for a fact that it helps with MPG's, but mine is still gone.

Mine is disabled in the ECU because it's removed, and I don't want a code.

I don't want it on the car, due to weight and simplification. Also one less thing to break and one less thing in the way when i'm working on it.

Interesting 'bump' though. Making a point? lol

- Drew
Oh maybe I am, I don't know. I guess its because, since all of my vehicles past and present have always been kept in perfect running order, I've never had a real EGR issue. Twice, on two separate cars, I have had the DPFE go bad, but that's it. Also, it seems like the majority of people asking about (on many different forums, not just FJ or FF) removing it, seem to think having the EGR is somehow bad for performance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys

Im looking for custom tune, who should I speak to?

Iv got ported SVT head on 2.0 zetec block and few other bits. Iv increased AFR to 14% using Xcal4 but there's still obvious fuel starvation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts