Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this like all other programmers like it will copy your ecu even if you have a custom tune

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
When you connect in order to flash your car, the XCal1 or XCal2 will download your current ECU's file. Doesn't matter if it's totally stock or totally custom. Whatever is in the ECU will be downloaded and then the selected performance will be uploaded into your car.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
so say you sent your ecu to roush for the reflash to their turbo kit, could u use the Xcal2 to edit their file like rev limiter and speed governer?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well didnt you just say that you could

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ohhhhh, can you take the stock file off the Xcal2? say to a computer?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you are saying if i had the roush tune to remove the speed limmiter id have to start from scratch with a new tune

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
so you are saying if i had the roush tune to remove the speed limmiter id have to start from scratch with a new tune
Yup. Gotta love how everyone wants to keep you locked out of your own paid for property.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Yup. Gotta love how everyone wants to keep you locked out of your own paid for property.

You're not paying for the rights to the program, you're paying to use the program in your car - nothing more.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts

You're not paying for the rights to the program, you're paying to use the program in your car - nothing more.

Absurd. I payed = It's mine IMO.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
By that logic, when you buy a CD, you own the rights to the music....
No but I am able to share it with whom I choose, upload it to my PC, and either myself or someone who knows more of what they're doing can make a mix by editing the music more to my liking and place it on a playable CD. All because I paid the original asking price.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
No but I am able to share it with whom I choose, upload it to my PC, and either myself or someone who knows more of what they're doing can make a mix by editing the music more to my liking and place it on a playable CD. All because I paid the original asking price.
Yes, but in order to change the song, effectively you'll need to re-record it, no?

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Yes, but in order to change the song, effectively you'll need to re-record it, no?
Using the original music as a base, yes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts