Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I suppose I gotta try to make this more of an official KMart thing. So we are planning on moving on Sept. 17th. That is a Saturday. Like I said, I'm supposed to bribe with beer and pizza (even though I guess Brian can't have pizza and needs fruit or vegetables) but you all know it'll be there if you show up. No bribes needed. If you can show, we'd be extremely appreciative. If Saturday is a no go, we can look at doing it on Sunday, but Saturday would be the preferred day. Let me know if you can help out and if you can do it on Saturday. Thanks guys.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
shouldn't be a problem. i'll donate the f350 if you donate the gas $$$.

Mike

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you need an extra pair of arms moving stuff, just let me know!
Pizza and beer sounds like a perfect traid off

·
"Just a Katie"
3,914 Posts
I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I'll be down south that weekend!

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Mike, I think we are just going to spring and get a UHaul. In my eyes, its easier to do 1 trip with a UHaul than 15 with a vehicle. Maybe not though. John thanks for the offer, I'll most likely be taking you up on it. Scott, thanks for the offer also. Katie......its cool, if you came down we'd never see John anyway, so.......

·
"Just a Katie"
3,914 Posts
Katie......its cool, if you came down we'd never see John anyway, so.......
I haven't a clue what you are talkin bout!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'll help, I'm not going anywhere near that bird though. I can have pizza if I want, I'm a grown man! Loanie won't be there. Oh, and that gazeebo thingy we talked about last night is already hauled to the dump.....oh well.

and

Baa Baa Boo-ee, Baa Baa Boo-ee, Pee Pee Poo Poo, Baa Baa Boo-ee!

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
I'll help...but only cause you have a 2 car garage, and I might be needing to USE you to do car work some day...in return...you want a Gazeeeeebo? I can build you one, if you plan on staying there a while and you wanna spend cash for the wood (which reminds me of my WOOD story
)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I will moving that Sat too, soo maybe after we are all done we can hang out somewhere....if I am not to tied I guess.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Wow.....we're movin on up, movin on up. To the Northside. To our Dee-Lux cheap ass places up the streeeeet. Hey Justin, when was your move day again?

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will moving that Sat too, soo maybe after we are all done we can hang out somewhere....if I am not to tied I guess.
I thought you were moving on Sunday DJ? I was going to offer to help you out.

Anyway, thanks guys. I opened my big mouth about getting a possible project car since we will have a garage and got many dirty looks last night.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Cool. Mike, I think we are just going to spring and get a UHaul. In my eyes, its easier to do 1 trip with a UHaul than 15 with a vehicle. Maybe not though. John thanks for the offer, I'll most likely be taking you up on it. Scott, thanks for the offer also. Katie......its cool, if you came down we'd never see John anyway, so.......
cool. 1 suggestion, though, is to not get a U-Haul brand U-Haul. Get a Ryder, Budget, or Penske. Penske is the best IMO. Always brand new trucks, unlimited miles, and when I moved back down to SD, they were the cheapest BY FAR!!! everytime i use U-Haul for anything i have nothing but issues (truck breaks down, crappy customer service, etc)

Mike

·
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll look into it. Ryder always seems to be more expensive, but I've never looked into the others, but never had problems with UHaul. But it's worth a shot to save a little dough.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Uhaul is good cuz they have the ramps. Penske and Ryder don't... (at least in my experience.

Penske has screwed me before when I tried to reserve a small truck... and they gave me something that I'm pretty sure I needed a CDL to drive. (GVW well over 20000lbs for sure!)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts