Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and picked up a Sean Hyland Chip with the code JFA8. My ECU's code is NFC1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2403940373

1) Will there be any problems if I install (waiting on reply from SHM)?

2) Is it actually a "Super Chip" that can be reprogrammed?

3) Does SHM still support this product? I could not find any references on their web site.

Thank you in advance.

SleepyZ

[ 02-22-2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: SleepyZ ]

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Sorry no the JFA8 ECU code will not work with the NFC1

Even if it did dont expect any HP gains more than 2 to 4 HP at best

Tom

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,

Thank you for the advice. Could you elaborate on ECU codes i.e. what the letters and numbers mean. I did a search and could not find a decent answer.

SleepyZ

·
Registered
793 Posts
The numbers/letters are just Ford codes for the various ECU program revs and variances for different cars. Things are always changing in the manufacturing process, so the ECU prog needs to change as well. All codes will not work with all cars. As far as chips are concerned, you will NEED to make sure the chip program is for your ECU code.

Lastly, make sure you check under the hood for any notice of a re-flash from your Ford dealer, as they will re-flash without any notification to you, while you are in for some other service. Once you get a chip, you will need to tell them SPECIFICALLY not to flash the ECU, or else you could find that it's fine when you bring it in, then NOT when you retrieve your ride.

As far as the eBay add stating 15-20HP gain.....I DON'T THINK SO!! Not even possible. It is likely a custom burned program for a SuperChip that was made for SHM. Typical eBay bogus claim.

[ 02-23-2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts