Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have an automatic so i just drilled through the clutch plate the wires come out underneith the fuse box in the engine compartment. i'll try and grab a pic tonight and post it.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I drilled a hole right next to the steering shaft that goes thru the fire wall. If I remember right, there is like this rubber thing you have to go thru as well. Thats on a 5speed.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i drilled near where the throttle cable goes through. no problems there. also i have a 5 speed

·
Registered
914 Posts
I just poked a hole in the foam around the steering shaft with a screw driver then ran my power wire through the foam, behind the pedals under the dash, then under the black plastic piece under the dash, under the center console, then under the carpet and out under the back seat. Hope that helps. BTW, I have a 5-speed.

-Mike

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Thats what it was. It by the firewall right in front of the gas pedal. I thought it was foam. I just drill a new hole right next to it.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
i drilled near where the throttle cable goes through. no problems there. also i have a 5 speed
x2

·
Registered
446 Posts
There's an unused grommet in the driver's door. From there it can be brought through the fender into the engine compartment. If you do decide to drill the Firewall, remember to use a grommet.

---Randy

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
There's an unused grommet in the driver's door. From there it can be brought through the fender into the engine compartment. If you do decide to drill the Firewall, remember to use a grommet.

---Randy
I just used hot glue to seal the hole I drilled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts