Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a sound clip for the Apex-i last time for ruggedman, please ask him otherwise I'll do another one for you.

Apex is louder than bosal during idle, but when it's on the highway, they both sound very minimal.
I may be a bit bias on sound, but Apex-i has enough growl to me and definitely not too much.

Now, for the look, IMO Apex-i is better. Especially if you have rear apron, WW, Xenon or what not, it will hide the tip a tad bit, it's just awesome. Again, it's IMO no offense, BANDIT !

=dRe=

·
Registered
573 Posts
No offense takin. Why would you want to hide the tip? With our exhaust system you can change tips as often as you change your underware & thensome. You don't have to have the same type of tip as the guy next door. Somthing you can't do with other systems or as easy. Just 6 bolts & the tipp is replaced, Not taking it to a shop haveing them cut off the old tip & install a new one & pay labor? I wil send you a dyno chart you can compare yourself, plus I don't see anyone from ApexI on the Jet do you? Plus you can use our rear muffler for a mirror if need be.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by BANDIT:
No offense takin. Why would you want to hide the tip? With our exhaust system you can change tips as often as you change your underware & thensome. You don't have to have the same type of tip as the guy next door. Somthing you can't do with other systems or as easy. Just 6 bolts & the tipp is replaced, Not taking it to a shop haveing them cut off the old tip & install a new one & pay labor? I wil send you a dyno chart you can compare yourself, plus I don't see anyone from ApexI on the Jet do you? Plus you can use our rear muffler for a mirror if need be.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for reply BANDIT, by the way, can you give me the info on how the BOSAL hangs low. I heard somewhere that it was partially fixed. And I know you can put a clamp on the rubber hanger to pull it up a little bit.
But honestly, the latest version that myfordperformance is selling. How bad it hangs? is it very low? A pic would be great.

I don't plan on a body kit, and also if I ever would go with a european rear bumper, then I would have to move the canister back, right? is there enough space there to do it? thanks again for reply. And good luck with a HF cat you are working on!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
bandit??
if anyone can add to the advice??
by the way, I can get apexi for 349 shipped
and the bosal would be 319, so it's still about $30 difference. Bosal dyno is impressive, what about apexi owners, is it good power wise.
I have an iceman and UDP, they very both noticable.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sher, just sent you some pictures of the exhaust on some cars. You will have a problem if you go to a european bumper. You woud have to go to a muffler shop to have the system cut & welded, don't know if there is enough room to do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi, I can't decide on the, well Bosal or Apexi WS exhaust.
Bosal has a very good deal going on myfordperformance, it will be like 330 total to the door. And I can get the Apexi, new and for 359 to the door.
So difference is just $30. And that makes me think.
If you heard both systems, or/and had experience with them, please reply or give advice.
I'm looking for a quite exhaust, w/o the drone. Both as far as I know fit into this category. I was thinking of fs quiet system, but it's just too expensive.
Also I don't really like the rear canister look of the bosal, but probably would grow on it slowly if need will be.
Also I need low, and mid range power. While reading older threads I got an impression, that Apexi provides better lower end and mid power about the same, but isn't as good as bosal on the topend. That would be ok for me. Since I don't race, just normal driving with about 70% highway. (hence the quiet exhaust is the only option.)
Can you help me out. Price is really close, quality of both is very very good. Apexi fits like a glove, while Bosal hangs a little lower. Also if anyone have a sound clip of an apexi exhaust, that would be awesome, I heard bosal clips, it sound nice, but what about Apexi!??
thanks in advance

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by slider_rider:
where did you see the apexi system at that price
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">at www.speedandstyle.com , they have a clearance on it
also they have the edelbrock header for $329.
and free shipping on everything.
sounds like a deal, right?

[ 02-19-2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: sherych ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts