Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled the board out from my 2002 zx5 and no matter what i do it will not disarm it, i wonder if i drill down center 1/32 to wreck the speaker chime will it mess with other things? i dont care if i dont get alarms/chimes for anything. I just want it to never chime again. any thoughts would be nice
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering
Audio equipment Electronic device Technology Circle Electronic component

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats great. Any recomendations where to send it out too have it reprogrammed? Looked online and so far not look without digging deep on the interwebs. Nothing on the 'Capt Obvious" part of the internet is jumping out at me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there done that. Not sure i want to even find out what the problem is to fix it. It has nothing to do with mission crittical and has nothing to do with actual things working or not, From what i found aside from the alarm for all other peripheral crap that it collects data in the end. Doesnt affect anything and is stand alone from main. I wear my seatbelt so i dont need a reminder. All oil, coolant, tranny are going to be monitored independent of the ecu and alarmed at my settings. Early warning system basically. But I will spend a lil money to get rid of that alarm. especially the seat belt or whatever is acttivating the saftey chime. TY for replying guys. I still need to know where to send the gem or imma solder it out of the board in a day or 2 if i can find someone to reprogram the GEM. I will let ya know how it went...lol. I might be looking for another GEM board😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts