Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 focus zx3, and i am trying to drop my racing seat into my car. i looked through the corbeau website and saw that the brackets listed are for a 00-01 focus only. would these still work on an 02? also, my focus has wiring connected to the seat. one of them looks like it attaches to my seatbelt attachment, and the other is an i-dunno. i called ford the other day and they told me the seat is wired to the airbag system. is this true? has anyone swapped seats out of an 02 focus? need some help here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you are switching from an SAB equipped stock seat to a Non-SAB race seat, you'll need to get a "airbag delete resistor" that plugs into the inflatable restraint connector that would plug into the seat. This tells the computer that you no longer have an airbag.
You will need to connect the other one back up to the pre-tensioner (unless you uninstalled that too).

If you removed your stock belt (and pretensioner) your restraints system is screwed anyhow, so don't hit anything. Don't get hit.

~Paris
Screwing with restraints is BAD

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't have Side AirBags if that what SAB means.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have an 02 SVT. It has a sensor on the seat track, which I believe is sensing the location of the seat.
i.e. how close the seat is to the front air bag. This tells the air bag how fast to open/expand to "catch" the occupant rather than "strike" the occupant. This is designed for small women who sit too close to the air bag under normal conditions.

My sensor had a plastic cover which broke immediately upon a foot going under the seat. The dealer couldn't determine the part or part number after several trips.

I believe they took the cover off another car? for mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts