Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZTS and I am looking for some ZX3 seats to replace these terrible stock units. Thanks to SoonToBeSaleen, I was able to put in his 2001 seats, but the wiring is different. Both ZX3 seats have only one wire going to the seatbelt. My driver's seat has one going to the seat belt and to some sensor on the rail itself-prob some kind of movement thing for the airbag, and the passenger seat has 2 wires going to the seatbelt. Do the '03 ZX3's have the same wiring setup as my ZTS? Thanks for the help. -Andy

·
Registered
267 Posts
hmm.. I came across the same problem when I went and installed some SVT seats into my 02 ZX3. That's weird that the 01 seats only have one wire. The 02 zx3's came w/ two wires just as described as your stock ZTS seats... You could cut your stock harness(ZTS) and find the matching wire (black or white, i'm guessing) and splice that onto the zx3 seats. This enables you to use your stock harness to connect back to the floor board's harness. This keeps your seatbelt/air-bag light off.. Hope you understood that?
This what I did to keep my lights off when i installed the svt seats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts