Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a Hit and Run tonight while out walking on this warm humid night. I was walking past a outdoor part of a local bar when I saw a full size Black suv (Ford Expedition) making a three point turn infront of the bar. The right side rear of the SUV hit the only car parked on the street in the door putting in a nasty dent. The driver pulled the SUV foward, the passanger open the door, looked at the damaged, look at me, then closed the door and the driver left the scene. I got the Lic#, NJ Firefighter plate 2136. I went into the bar, found the owner of the car, the cops were called. Told the cop what happened and the direction of flight. They caught the SUV and the driver, a Firefighter.
That driver is in BIG trouble. He should have just parked his SUV and owned up to what he did. He is in big doo doo now. Will probaly will lose his job. If I lived in a state that the second amendment was not trampled on like NJ I would Carry a firearm like Atblue.
I could not let someone get away with this so I did My duty.
Rick H.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at the time of the Hit and run. I ment I'd carry a Firearm now incase I'm Threatened by the SUV driver before the court date or because he is just plain pissed off at me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is serious, It was a Hit and Run. 8 points and a Big Fine plus he is a Firefighter which means he could get fired.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Hit and run in NJ with no injuries is 2 points, 8 points if there are injuries. I guess I can lock up the gun.

·
Registered
924 Posts
whoa cool story

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Nice going.

I am sure the owner of the car is happy that he was caught.Remember just because the guy driving was a firefighter doesn't mean he gets a pass from breaking the law with a hit and run.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, you did what you had to. If the firefighter is threatning you, just try and get it on recording... A MP3 player with microphone would work great
Or you could just beat him up
I just hope if anyone hits my car like that, someone like you is around to report it

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Sweet!!!

A lot of people nowadays just don't care enough to put up with the hassle of reporting it.

Its not their problem.

Appreciate the effort! If I were the owner of that car, I would have given you $20 as thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
good job! Over a year ago I witnessed a hit and run in an airport parking garage...this old man driving a minivan (full of other people, mind you) backed into a car hard enough to push it forward into a pillar...so it got damaged on the front and rear bumpers. The guy pulled forward a little bit, stopped, I thought he was going to do the right thing because there were AT LEAST 10 witnesses to the whole thing (busy airport, people everywhere in the garage), but then he suddenly took off...and not at an angle where I could catch his plate. It still bothers me, and I hope someone else saw the plate....

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
Man, if I were in the victims position..I woulda bought you a bunch of beer for that...

You would have deserved it 100%!!

I just wish you were around when that girl in a mustang hit my car when I first got it.....

All the guy did that saw it, came into my shop and asked me if I saw my car get hit....of course, I was in my shop...of course not....

did he get a plate # for me...no...he just told me the girl was cute....asshat.....

so now I've narrowed it down to 945,235,445,346,343 possible cute girls in a mustang that could have done this....

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
About 9 years ago I watched a big yellow Ryder rental truck scrape the entire side of a white van then take off. I left a note for the owner with a description, time, and license plate. Later the police inteviewed me on the phone.

A few weeks later I found out that Ryder Truck Rentals was fighting it. Apparently they believed that another giant yellow truck was leaving yellow scrapes on cars about 5 feet off the ground and I must have misread the plate number. It isn't like they had anything to gain by fighting it. All they had to do was turn in the renter for that day. And perhaps even sue the driver themselves.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: Saw a Hit and Run (not Seen a Hit and Run)

Hopefully the guy wasn't drunk when he was driving!

Gotta love the fact that he manages to hit the only vehicle parked on the street - which leads me to believe that he was drunk.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

A lot of people at the bar plus the Cop and My self thought the Driver had a few drinks in him, why else would he take off?
He had a large SUV, if he can afford that he can afford to fix the Car door him self. Also why did he run when I'm standing there looking at his plates, being a Firefighter I think he should have known better then to run.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts

Maybe he bought the car from a firefighter? I do not know the laws in NJ, but here if you buy a used car it has the plates from the previous owner already on it, you decide if you want new ones or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts