Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the old saying goes "All good things must come to an end". I've owned my rare (1 of 48) low mileage (48K) SVTF for 12 years. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Unfortunately for health reasons I'm going to have to sell it because I can no longer give it the TLC it still deserves. I'm on chemotherapy treatment for incurable prostate cancer and all the meds I'm on just leave me too fatigued most of the time. I'm looking to replace it with something new on a lease that is under warranty and hopefully includes free or discounted service.

I wanted to put the word out here to the Dezert Focus crew before I post it in the For Sale section with pictures. I would rather to see someone local driving it and enjoying the many years left in it. I won't be posting any pictures here but will send pictures to anyone that provides me with an email address. Actually quite a few of you have seen the car over the years. KBB says $5300 is a fair private sale price and the KBB Guaranteed Instant Cash offer is $4200. So that's the range I'm looking at to start.

If anyone has a lease department hookup (preferable Ford) or wants to talk about my car you can text/call me at 602-312-8751. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ron McGlade

PS: My profile picture is my granddaughter who was born last year. At the ripe old age of 70 I became a first time grandfather. Hang on. Somehow my profile picture got changed back. Let me go see if I can figure out what happened. Fixed. I confused Avatar with profile picture.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Luck to ya with everything Ron. Congrats on the granddaughter!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luck to ya with everything Ron. Congrats on the granddaughter!
Thanks. Since she is most likely the only grandchild I'll ever have I plan to really enjoy what time I can spend with her.

I really hope someone here will grab the car up. At least I know my various mods will be appreciated along with the fact that I have pretty much all of the original parts. I know if I sell it through Kelly Blue Book Instant Cash I'll get my money right away but they could care less about the extras.

I'm also in the process of selling my 4 bedroom house to move to a smaller place, probably a 2 bedroom apartment/condo. For the same reasons as selling the car it has just got to be too much for me to handle. At least that will get me closer to my granddaughter since right now I'm at 75th Ave and Baseline while she's at 19th Ave and Union Hills.

I'll give it a few more days to allow a local to have first shot at the car before I post it in the For Sale forum. If anyone reading this thread knows someone who might be interested I'd appreciate you passing along the information.

Thanks,
Ron McGlade

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Not to barge in here, but do you have any photos of your SVT? It sounds like a beautiful car. I've been looking at newer GTIs for a new daily driver, but I'm already familiar with MK1 Focuses and yours is a five door so it's practical.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is still available. The pending sale I had on it fell through. If anyone here is interested let me know. Also if anyone knows someone who may be interested please pass the word.

It's best to text/call me at 602-312-8751.

If it hasn't sold by this weekend I'll be posting it in the For Sale Forum.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Sorry to hear about the prognosis. hope your not in too much pain. congrats on the grandchild. enjoy your time with her. I did get your text about the car, been way busy... We should find some time to meet up with the old gang soon.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear about the prognosis. hope your not in too much pain. congrats on the grandchild. enjoy your time with her. I did get your text about the car, been way busy... We should find some time to meet up with the old gang soon.
Thanks. The chemotherapy meds I'm on are keeping the cancer from spreading. It was caught too late for it to be removed. My granddaughter is the main thing keeping me going right now. My goal is to see her graduate from high school.

Once again I thought I had my car sold, this time to a neighbor. Unfortunately his wife shot the deal down. WIMP!! LOL!!

I agree we are long overdue for an "old gang g2g". It would be nice to show off my car one last time and maybe find a buyer. We just need to find somewhere that is somewhat central to everyone.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Good luck with everything Ron! Your granddaughter is beautiful, enjoy it while she's little. :) Hope turned 11 on Wednesday!

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Thanks. The chemotherapy meds I'm on are keeping the cancer from spreading. It was caught too late for it to be removed. My granddaughter is the main thing keeping me going right now. My goal is to see her graduate from high school.

Once again I thought I had my car sold, this time to a neighbor. Unfortunately his wife shot the deal down. WIMP!! LOL!!

I agree we are long overdue for an "old gang g2g". It would be nice to show off my car one last time and maybe find a buyer. We just need to find somewhere that is somewhat central to everyone.

well I am usually free on sundays so lets set something up. if you want text me i check that a lot more often then here

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I'm in, Sundays would be good as most car shows and meetings are on other days of the week.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick update. My car is sold. Did I get what I wanted? NOPE! I just hope the new owner appreciates what he got. I directed him this way so watch out for a new SVTF owner to maybe show up.

I preferred to get a lease on a Ford Escape but couldn't make the numbers work. I ended up leasing a 2016 Toyota RAV4 SE.

It also looks like I've got a buyer for my house so I can move back to Phoenix from BFE Laveen.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe that I just bought that car
You sure did. Enjoy!

Did they fix the body damage to the hatch? And did they give you the SCT XCalibrator2 tuner? It was in the car when I sold it.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They did not give me the tuner. They did fix the rear hatch.

Just picked it up today.
If someone helped themselves to the tuner they'll be disappointed since is VIN Locked to "your" car. LOL

Hey if you want to copy/edit/paste my sig you are more than welcome. I'll leave it up for now.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Hey Ron do you still have the same phone number?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Ron do you still have the same phone number?
Yep! (602) 312-8751

I sold my house in BFE Laveen and am now living in a condo on 7th St north of Bell Rd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts